Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: got error in batching fotos  (Read 4598 times)

yeroen

• Coppermine novice
    • http://phreaky.is-a-geek.net
got error in batching fotos
« on: December 04, 2003, 11:32:12 pm »

hai,

first of all...great program, and especially for making it free to me, like the poor noobie I am...

Installing went great. No problems with that gd-thing. With that nice option to have it allready included in php, I didn't have to do that make single stuff-thingie. Ah...I remember now that I should complaint at the bourselle-gd institution. I can't possibly be aware of the function to "make" a program.

well...to not sound funny, I should enter the expressive question, I really had. Great program btw. But the thing is, I have a question about the batch-function in coppermine. After I did about 50 photo's(with ok, next to it), there seems to be trouble. A "X"-sign shows up, which suggests that the ok-sign should be there. But it's not there!!!!

So, my question in rational language would be: Is there maybe a flaw in my sql-db-setup? I can't figure out, why it has to stop after about 50 images...

With that in mind, I made a feature-thing in my mind. That is: can I select multiple directories, to write to 1 album?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:07:50 am »

when batch-adding a lot of pictures, it's only natural that your server times out sooner or later - just hit "refresh" on your browser and the party should continue. If the problem persists, check that you have selected a valid image file: maybe your file is corrupt, or you chose a file type that can't be handled (if you have gd2, you can't use GIF).
To tell you more about this, a screenshot would be fine, a link very helpfull and also some additional information on your server, php, mysql and gd versions necessary.

GauGau

P.S. Please post only one issue per posting, your feature request should have gone into the proper board category. Batch-add from multiple folders is not a killer-feature imo, so your request goes noted, but that's it (in other words: I don't think this will be in future versions). You do have a time-out problem already - it would increase if you were to batch-add from multiple folders at once.

yeroen

• Coppermine novice
batch servertimeout
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 07:52:39 pm »

hi gaugau,

tnx for reacting, first of all. You said it is probably the server that timed out, meanwhile the batching process. So I searched on the apache-docus, for this timeout-thing.

I quote:
"In some cases this has been shown to result in an almost 50% speedup in latency times for HTML documents with many images. To enable Keep-Alive connections, set KeepAlive On."

So this sounds good to me. I guess I have to put this one on?

But I suspect that you mean the function below? Is that the time, a php-script may run on my apache-server?
KeepAliveTimeout Directive
Description: Amount of time the server will wait for subsequent requests on a persistent connection
Syntax: KeepAliveTimeout seconds
Default: KeepAliveTimeout 15
Context: server config, virtual host
Module: core

"Setting KeepAliveTimeout to a high value may cause performance problems in heavily loaded servers. The higher the timeout, the more server processes will be kept occupied waiting on connections with idle clients."

So, this one not too high, I suppose?
Well, Ill wrestle with the option u mentioned. Meanwhile, I thought:
Isnt it possible for the php-batchingscript, to refresh the screen for me?
I know...it sounds terribly lazy :) . Maybe it's possible for a phpscript, to "know" the servertimeout?

Greetings,

yeroen

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 10:36:59 pm »

Actually, there could be 3 time-outs: webserver (apache), php (php.ini) and browser (IE only afaik). It's impossible for the script to determine this, as it also depends on bandwidth, cpu load and some other factors, and it greatly differs wether you're on a dedicated server or webhosted with lots of virtual hosts running.
In other words: not-so-brilliant idea.
Of course you can try to optimize the time-out for your server and add a meta-refresh into searchnew.php if you like, but this will (if at all) only work for your environment, not anyone else's.
If you're really lazy: forget it and leave things as they are - much ado about nothing imo.

GauGau

yeroen

• Coppermine novice
timeout
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 07:43:23 pm »

hi,

I suppose the browser-timeout is out of question here. It's doing the same errorthing, even when im browsing like a madman :shock:

I noticed that the really BIG images went wrong quickly. So, if I wanted to convert 200k images, I did about 50. When I did 1mb images, I came to 6 or 7 images maybe. I will take a further look into the php.ini , and apache timeout options. Thanks for the advise.

greetings,

yeroen
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.