Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove some php files for safety  (Read 3002 times)

Asobig

• Coppermine newbie
    • The Asobig Page
Remove some php files for safety
« on: December 04, 2003, 11:04:09 pm »

After installing Coppermine there are about 36 PHP files.
I'm not using all features of Coppermine, so is it safe to remove the files i'm not using or is it better te leave them there.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Remove some php files for safety
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 09:38:16 am »

depends: you
mustn't remove the includes!
  • You can safely delete all files in the /coppermine/lang-folder but the one you're actually using (I'd leave english.php in as well)
  • You can delete coppermine/images/flags/ if you don't use the language hack (the flags are already in the package for future use)
  • You can delete all themes in /coppermine/theme/ except the one you're using
  • You can delete the folder /coppermine/docs/
  • If you don't plan to allow user registration, you can delete /coppermine/register.php
  • You can (and are even encouraged to) delete /coppermine/install.php and /coppermine/installer.css after you successfully installed coppermine[/list:u]but: if you're trying to reduce files to save space on your webserver, you won't get very far: an application like Coppermine (which is a "Photo Gallery", remember?) tends to become huge (with every pic you add). I'd keep an eye on pic file optimisation before upload, disable intermediate pics - that's where the webspace can be truly saved.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 18 queries.