Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Theme Problem  (Read 5617 times)

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
Installing Theme Problem
« on: September 07, 2005, 04:57:52 am »

I have a problem. I downloaded the theme FI Black and loaded it to my FTP under themes, put all the files in the first folder and then the images and the next. But when I go to choose that theme, nothing seems to work. Here's the link http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/pictures/index.php?theme=water_drop Can someone help me? Thanks, I'm new so I apologize that I don't know what's wrong.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Installing Theme Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 07:00:22 am »

how is a link that enforces the water drop theme to be used suppossed to show fiblack? There appears to be no fliblack theme folder, you should have it at http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/themes/fiblack/, but it doesn't exist

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 08:41:42 am »

well, like I said, I'm very new to this so I'm not really sure how to even load a new theme when I find one that I like. I think I figured out the problem, I think I spelled the name wrong in the FTP. But I was wondering about how much of the theme can I modify without, like, getting in trouble with the license and terms and agreement with the creator of the theme? Like http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/pictures/index.php Can I modify where it says FI Black or not? I wouldn't want to get into trouble or anything.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:59:41 am by Starrysky »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:49:09 am »

leave the theme name as-is. Although you're allowed to change it, you will have to edit the theme to reflect a change of the name. While you're new at this, you shouldn't untill you know your way around. Do as I suggested above.

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:01:20 am »

I did as you suggested and created that folder and put all the necessary files into that folder. But I don't see how that helps anything, but maybe it did and I just haven't noticed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 08:02:53 am »

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 07:36:09 am »

Ok, forgive me, but I'm really confused right now. I think that I might have installed the theme incorrectly, but I'm not sure. This is what the gallery looks like now http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/pictures/index.php

What I did was, in my FTP, under themes, I uploaded a folder for fiblack3d and then I uploaded all of the files into those folders including the images and stuff. then I believe that I went to my Config option and selected fiblack3d as the theme.

Is this the correct way to do it or did I mess up somehow?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 07:56:14 am »

That looks good to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.