Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing Theme Problem  (Read 5588 times)

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
Installing Theme Problem
« on: September 07, 2005, 04:57:52 am »

I have a problem. I downloaded the theme FI Black and loaded it to my FTP under themes, put all the files in the first folder and then the images and the next. But when I go to choose that theme, nothing seems to work. Here's the link http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/pictures/index.php?theme=water_drop Can someone help me? Thanks, I'm new so I apologize that I don't know what's wrong.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Installing Theme Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 07:00:22 am »

how is a link that enforces the water drop theme to be used suppossed to show fiblack? There appears to be no fliblack theme folder, you should have it at http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/themes/fiblack/, but it doesn't exist

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 08:41:42 am »

well, like I said, I'm very new to this so I'm not really sure how to even load a new theme when I find one that I like. I think I figured out the problem, I think I spelled the name wrong in the FTP. But I was wondering about how much of the theme can I modify without, like, getting in trouble with the license and terms and agreement with the creator of the theme? Like http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/pictures/index.php Can I modify where it says FI Black or not? I wouldn't want to get into trouble or anything.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:59:41 am by Starrysky »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:49:09 am »

leave the theme name as-is. Although you're allowed to change it, you will have to edit the theme to reflect a change of the name. While you're new at this, you shouldn't untill you know your way around. Do as I suggested above.

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 10:01:20 am »

I did as you suggested and created that folder and put all the necessary files into that folder. But I don't see how that helps anything, but maybe it did and I just haven't noticed.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 08:02:53 am »

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 07:36:09 am »

Ok, forgive me, but I'm really confused right now. I think that I might have installed the theme incorrectly, but I'm not sure. This is what the gallery looks like now http://www.stacey-farber.net/degrassirealm/pictures/index.php

What I did was, in my FTP, under themes, I uploaded a folder for fiblack3d and then I uploaded all of the files into those folders including the images and stuff. then I believe that I went to my Config option and selected fiblack3d as the theme.

Is this the correct way to do it or did I mess up somehow?

Nibbler

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 07:56:14 am »

That looks good to me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.