Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How about a User Issue with Solution Summary/Faq board?  (Read 5123 times)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
How about a User Issue with Solution Summary/Faq board?
« on: September 06, 2005, 11:17:07 pm »

Aside from being a great product, one of the things I like best about Coppermine is the forum.
The support here is fantastic.  The wealth of information superb.

But, I would like to see a board of summaries on problems and solutions.
This would be a read only board of problems with final solutions only.  Topics should be re-worded to expedite search hits.  All the extraneous messages between topic and final solution would be eliminated to make it easier for the viewer to find and understand solutions.  This would eliminate confusion as to what to do to obtain a fix - this is especially true when the solution spans dozens of replies.

In essense the board would be a regularly updated FAQ of user issues (common and uncommon). It would be the first place to search for answers.     

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: How about a User Issue with Solution Summary/Faq board?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 02:05:40 am »

I can't speak for the rest of the devs, but I barely have enough time in the day to work, grab some time at the gym, spend time with my family, and keep my house and yard looking good.  I certainly don't have this kind of spare time, and I'm sure the other devs feel the same way.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 02:09:07 am »

I can't speak for the rest of the devs, but I barely have enough time in the day to work, grab some time at the gym, spend time with my family, and keep my house and yard looking good.  I certainly don't have this kind of spare time, and I'm sure the other devs feel the same way.

Thanks keg for moving this to the appropriate board. I wasn't quite sure where to post this.

I suppose it's like a catch-22.  It could help minimize redundant postings, expedite search and finding answers but, you are right, it would require a lot of work to set up in the first place.   

It was just a thought.

Thanks for the response,

Dennis
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 07:27:58 am »

Maybe people with negative karma would like to volunteer some time to win back some positive vibes. ;D

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 07:58:50 am »

yes, there are many ways to contribute, see We need your help

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 08:28:52 am »

Maybe people with negative karma would like to volunteer some time to win back some positive vibes. ;D

(Checking his karma and wiping the sweat off of his brow...) LOL!   All that hard work and still a great sense of humor.  Excellent... simply excellent.

Dennis
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.