Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: eShop in Copermine  (Read 3988 times)

BlueMen

• Coppermine newbie
eShop in Copermine
« on: September 06, 2005, 04:37:52 pm »

Hey there,

First of all: copermine is really an absolut great tool!! I love it.

My request: Would be possibel to enhance copermine the way, that it has a eShop integrated or combine it directly with for example OScommerce.

This would be an absoult Killerapplication!! :o 8) ::)

Have a good day and thanx a lot for all your work
BlueMen
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 04:58:50 pm by TranzNDance »

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: eShop in Copermine
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 02:46:17 am »

Hi,

I agree with you that Coppermine is an absolutely killer application, but I'm not convinced that ecommerce should be built in as part of the package.   Two months ago, like you, I thought that it would be a great feature, but now, I think it would be best left as a mod that can be updated, evolved and tested under various situations before being added to the package.  And even then, as an optional installation mod.

I suspect that the majority of users don't need ecommerce on their sites. Building it in would make CPG bulkier and possibly slow down the program and increase load unnecessarily for the majority of users.  In other words, too many optional settings = too many if..else statements that have to be read before a page is displayed.   Instead, streamlining CPG but keeping it readily configurable to accept any number of mods would probably be in the best interest of everyone.

Second, a number of ecommerce mods are already available.  Click on the "home" button just above this board and do a search on "ecommerce"  will display a number of links to the various options.  The author(s) of these mods offer excellent support for their mods and so, for the time being, it's probably best left there.

Dennis

Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.