Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Search Problem (Cookie not working with separate logins)  (Read 3131 times)

tylermartin

• Coppermine newbie
Search Problem (Cookie not working with separate logins)
« on: September 05, 2005, 02:11:35 am »

Yes, I've seen several "Search" problems in the forum. People say their search is returning "No Image Found". And the admin's test it but it works for them and they don't see a problem. The problem is the admins are testing it with a fresh cookie, and are also not logging into the gallery.

Testing it with IE6, if you perform a search (not logged in), it will work just fine, now if you log in and perform a search, the cookie seems to have the old info still, like it doesn't handle a new session.

• To see it in action on a gallery of mine, go to http://mindfaucet.com/gallery
  • Now do a search as a guest, search for "spider".
  • It should return a Spiderman thumbnail which you can click to look at and it should work fine.
  • Now log in as username "test" password "test".
  • Now do a search for "snow".
  • It should return a thumbnail of a Snowman.
  • But if you click the thumbnail it will open the Spiderman image. If you did a search for something with several returns, and you clicked something passed position 1 then of course it will return the "Image Not Found" message.

Please look into this. Maybe I'm missing something. I am using PHPBB integration. Default cookie names and folder.

I'd hate to have to tell users to delete their cookies before a search. Or make sure you are always logged in, I've had new users have the problem after they registered, then the search didn't work for them anymore.

Thanks.
-Tyler

tylermartin

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Search Problem (Cookie not working with separate logins)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 07:52:20 pm »

Anyone else having a problem with this scenario? Or found a quick fix for it?

Is there a way to have cookies clear when you log in?

-Tyler

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 07:57:17 pm »

sorry, I tried but it worked as it should (as guest spider and then logged in as test I serached for snow and clicked the snowman... nice snowman btw)
Are you really the artist??? Cool work...

steverobbins

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
  • photographer
    • Steve Robbins' Personal Website
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 08:01:24 pm »

Hi there,

Works fine for me, tried using IE6 and Maxthon browsers.  The search and subsequent clicks, show the correct pictures.

Regards
Steve.

tylermartin

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2005, 08:59:28 pm »

Yeah Stramm, that's me, thanks. The site I'm converting to a gallery is http://mindfaucet.com/tyler.martin

Thanks for posting guys, maybe it's just my computer. Maybe there is a security setting in IE that's messing up the cookie or something. I tried it on another machine with IE and it worked as you guys said it did. Which I'm glad.

I've cleared my cookies and cache and history and still get the negative results on my machine. And have only gotten one other report of the same thing. I guess I need to direct my attention to my own setup here and see if I can figure out what's doing it. I've had some other problems like it logging into PHPBB but not into the gallery and such too.

Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.