Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download Name Confusion  (Read 4792 times)

Mtalley887

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.kodetech.com
Download Name Confusion
« on: November 13, 2003, 08:20:22 am »

Hi,
After reading this forum I can see where everyone might be a little confused about what to download for phpnuke.

You say to download only cpgnuke1.2.orc2.zip which is fine.  But, you goto Scourcforce under PORTS and they have a listed cpg1.2.0rc-phpnuke.zip.  Sounds reasonable. But,if that's not it then what are PORTS and what is the referral to phpnuke mean?  Then you dig some more and finally go to Coppermine.findhere.org and under downloads you find Coppermine 1.2.0-nuke rc2.  Still dosen't look like cpgnuke1.2.orc2.zip.  Now so far nothing is refernceing to cpgnuke1.2.orc2.zip however, under Coppermine 1.2.0-nuke rc2 in the description is mention you must have phpnuke 6.5 or higher to use. aah, a clue!  You click on it and finally on the download popup window it says cpgnuke1.2.orc2.zip.  This is really it?

I realize that the people that develope the software are very very busy and probably very tired, I've been there.  But, when dealing with a lot of newbies(no offense meant)  it's hard to decipher what is what.  

So anyway, those of you people who are looking for cpgnuke1.2.orc.zip,  the right download for phpnuke 6.5 or higher,  it's on coppermine.findhere.org under  the heading in download section as Coppermine 1.2.0-nuke rc2.

Michael

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Download Name Confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2003, 09:21:10 am »

I think cpg1.2.0rc-phpnuke.zip is also correct. The name may have been changed without the nuke dev team knowing when it was posted at sourceforge. http://coppermine.findhere.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2
is the link to the page on our site where the download is there are only two downloads in the coppermine category and both are right, one is a zip the tar.gz. I will add the filename to the description...

Mtalley887

• Coppermine newbie
Download Name Confusion
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2003, 07:54:38 pm »

:P Thanks
That's the link I used and glad to see you included the zip name in it.

I hope I didn't seem dis-respectful, but, I had downloaded the cpg1.2.orc2-phpnuke.zip from SourceForce originally.  I had a problem with it and after reading the forum I didn't want to ask for help to only get slammed that I had downloaded the wrong file.  After I went around and around looking for cpgnuke1.2.0rc.zip, I decided to say something which I posted above.

I downloaded the file from the above link you posted last night and installed it without a hitch.  However, when will you guys, and I'm asking nicely, transform some of the 1.2 themes over.  I really like the pinned_Grey and would like to use it on my nuke site. But, I do have a stand alone Gallery on another site and may change it to Coppermine Standalone.

Thanks again,
Michael

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Download Name Confusion
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2003, 08:01:40 pm »

Was that a hand up in the audience, someone offering to work on themes... no really we are working on themes, is the one you mention downloadable from the sf.net site? I don't remember it being in the original standalone package...

Mtalley887

• Coppermine newbie
Download Name Confusion
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 10:59:59 pm »

Sorry that I didn't get back to this...I've been pretty busy.  Yes the Pinned-Gray is one of the standalone themes at sf.net site.  I like it to the point I'm using part of it as the theme to my site with, of course, copyright credit going to the original designer.

So, far 1.2 both stand alone and phpnuke has worked fine for me. However, getting my host at my non- phpnuke site to upgrade to GD2 has gone un-answered.  I've noticed with GD1 the photo's looked a little washed out.  On my Nuke site they have GD2 installed and the same pics come out excellant.  No complaints there. Also, I have programmed in a few languages, and have started diving into PHP and fine it to be a lot of fun.  Now that I have set up IBserver on my home cpu I will look into modifying the theme for PHPnuke.

One thought, have you guys ever looked into NetPbm as an alternate to GD and imagemagik.  After reading the support forum it seems to me it would get rid of a few  problems people complain about and free them up from relying solely on their host to provide the GD and Imagemagick.  One of your competitors (which you probably don't want to hear about), Gallery, uses a binary package of NetPBM that the end-user can easly place in a folder right in their root directory. It does everything you want it to do  and allows for gifs.  Now don't get me wrong.  I used Gallery for a little while and it produced nice quality pics.  But, I really like Coppermine much better for ease of operation, it's layout, and the professional appearance that it brings and I'd recomend Coppermine to anyone that would ask me.  Like I said, it's just a thought and a suggestion to a possible alternate or additional tool.

Michael
Kodetech.com

DJMaze

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • Dragonfly CMS
Download Name Confusion
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2003, 12:04:24 am »

thanks for the compliments mtalley :)

please keep in mind that we are changing the default theme with every release we make.

I'm trying to make them much more ease in use and editing.
Some functions are removed in RC5 and a lot of defines will be used.
There are 2 kinds of users in this world: satisfied and complainers.
Why do we never hear something from the satisfied users?
http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24315.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.