Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: looking for advice, want to add a charge to my gallery  (Read 3833 times)

Deus

• Contributor
  • Coppermine frequent poster
    • DJ-Daz
looking for advice, want to add a charge to my gallery
« on: September 02, 2005, 02:45:22 pm »

I know i can do it manually with a paypal button and then changing the users permissions, but it could take me a couple of days to do it this way, as i'm not always available.
I'd like to know if anyone has succesfully added a shoppingcart or simialar feature, that can automatically update the users info to grant instant access to the gallery without admin intervention?
Thanks in Advance
Deus
https://daz-stuff.uk
DJ tutorials, E-Bikes, Movies and videogames.
(https://daz-stuff.uk/daz/signature.png)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: looking for advice, want to add a charge to my gallery
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 07:18:45 pm »

add a Paypal shopping basket to your gallery.
New Paypal shopping basket, each item can be set prices etc.
Using a third party shopping cart with CPG

Thanks for searching before posting next time >:(!

As you're looking for support, you shouldn't have posted on a sub-board that is named
General discussion (no support!)
in the first place.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: looking for advice, want to add a charge to my gallery
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 10:48:55 am »

I'd like to know if anyone has succesfully added a shoppingcart or simialar feature, that can automatically update the users info to grant instant access to the gallery without admin intervention?
Thanks in Advance
Deus

I haven't seen anything that will automatically update the user's info to grant instant access without admin intervention after accepting a paypal payment but, I'm wondering...

What if you use Paypal's instructions to create your own instant payment notification on your site on which you thank the customer, assign a temporary name and password with a warning that abuse of this temp password and account would automatically terminate their account without refund.  Furthermore, advise them to change the temp name and password as soon as possible as the temporary accounts is only good for 48 hours and failure to do so could prevent them from logging back into their accounts.

Then simply change the temporary user account and password on a regular basis at your convenience.

Though, if you go this route, I wouldn't do a monthly charge, rather a quarterly, semi-annual, or yearly to dissuade abuse as users would not want to lose their money.

Dennis

« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:55:33 am by madeinhawaii »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.