Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Batch Upload and Quota Problem  (Read 4070 times)

ferrill

• Coppermine newbie
Batch Upload and Quota Problem
« on: August 30, 2005, 11:48:10 pm »

I am using a slightly older version of 1.4 then the official beta but I have not been able to find a post regarding this problem.  It appears that when an administrator does a batch upload into a users account the amount uploaded is counted against the users quota but is not shown that way.

For example:

Below is a partial screen shot of the user admin page.  It shows the user ethan as using 153634 KB out of the available 304800.  A batch upload was performed by admin Ferrill of 107505 KB into user Ethan's personal galleries.  Despite the fact that the 107505 KB is listed under the admin Ferrill it is being counted against the quota of Ethan.  So when Ethan uploads Coppermine thinks (rightly) that ethan has 261139 KB out of 304800 KB.  This can lead to the user running out of quota space without them knowing it becuase their user profile page does not reflect the amount batch uploaded by an admin.  As seen below.  If an admin batch upload into a users personal galleries is gonig to count against that persons quota then the amount should be reflected in thier user profile and the user admin screen.

User Admin Page:
(http://www.ethan.speakings.net/adminscreen.jpg)

User Profile Page:
(http://www.ethan.speakings.net/profile.jpg)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 08:29:32 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Batch Upload and Quota Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 08:29:20 am »

1) An admin shouldn't upload into a users personal gallery anyway. What's the point?
2) The admin rules: if he decides to upload to a users gallery, the space is taken from the users gallery, what else. How could you possibly code the quota calculation if not by the sum of all files uploaded into a user's personal gallery, no matter who did the upload
3) Please use the most recent cvs checkout. Reporting issues with the beta or even older versions aren't helpful

Marking as "Invalid"

ferrill

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 01:01:20 pm »

"2) The admin rules: if he decides to upload to a users gallery, the space is taken from the users gallery, what else. How could you possibly code the quota calculation if not by the sum of all files uploaded into a user's personal gallery, no matter who did the upload"

Exactly, the problem is that the sum of all the files uploaded into a users personal gallery is not being correctly displayed.  It appears that the quota calculation is correct when a person is actually uploading but that correct calculation is not reflected in any number available.  If an admin does a batch upload for a user, the reported quota is incorrect.

I run a small picture site for my family and friends, if they have a large number of pictures it is sometimes easier for me to do a batch upload for them.

veeber77

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 09:22:21 pm »

I do it too, but since they're my family and friends I put the site into maintenance mode, make them an admin, then login as them to do the batch upload.  I'm the one who made all their accounts for them.  Granted it'd be nice, but how would you handle photos loaded into non-personal galleries? 

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005, 07:10:25 am »

this thread is closed, cpg1.4.x goes unsupported.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.