Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Batch add files": I can't add images no more  (Read 18651 times)

bboobb

• Coppermine newbie
"Batch add files": I can't add images no more
« on: August 29, 2005, 06:32:48 pm »

Hi!

Sorry for my english!

Maybe after the upgrade from vers 1.2.1 to 1.3.3 I can't add new images not more.

I think it isn't a permission problem, or?

When I select "Batch add files" it appears:

"Select directory
 This function allows you to add a batch of file that your have uploaded to your server by FTP.
 Select the directory where you have uploaded your files"

But the page is blank! Why??

Please help me!!!

John
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005, 09:34:34 am by GauGau »

Nibbler

Re: "Batch add files": I can't add images no more
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005, 06:41:45 pm »

Please read the manual :)

Thankyou.

bboobb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005, 01:02:41 pm »

I read the Faq, but I don't found a solution.. Please help me for the first time!
Thanks!

J

bboobb

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 01:13:36 pm »

Very very thanks!!
With the old version I should upload images under ..\album\userpics directory, now under \album.. Ok!
Thanks so much!

AquileA

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005, 07:49:44 pm »

I have the same problem, in older version the directory was USERPICS now its albums,
thanks now its working.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005, 09:34:02 am »

you were never suppossed to FTP-upload into the userpics folder, in no coppermine version ever! As people didn't read the manual and did this wrong all the time (they FTP-uploaded into userpics although they shouldn't have) and their FTP-uploading to the userpics folder caused issues for some (as expected, that's why you never were meant to do so), we decided that the userpics folder's content won't be displayed when using batch-add, that's why you get an empty screen: we're hiding it from your view to force you to do things properly.
Now leave all your pics that you mistakenly uploaded to the userpics folder in the past where they are and from now on do as suggested in the docs: create at least one sub-folder within the albums folder (you can create more if you want, it's even recommended to mirror your sites category/album structure for better overview, though not mandatory) and ftp-upload your pics there. They will then turn up on the batch-add screen.
And while you're at it: don't use dots, spaces special chars (expcept dash and underscore) in folder names!
This has been explained very often already, I'm tired to have to explain this in detail again and again. Searching the forum would have told you so as well.

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005, 08:30:55 am »

I'm having a problem with loading my pictures via FTP as well. It used to could work earlier today, but now, the pictures won't show and it shows this X spot in that area. Then, when I try loading my pictures through the normal way, with uploading them from my computer, I get this error message:

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/staceyfn/public_html/degrassirealm/pictures/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 162

Warning: chmod(): No such file or directory in /home/staceyfn/public_html/degrassirealm/pictures/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 224

Warning: getimagesize(./albums/edit/preview_fa9a9b2c.jpg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/staceyfn/public_html/degrassirealm/pictures/include/picmgmt.inc.php on line 226

What's going on?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005, 09:03:32 am »

Your issue is not related at all, replying to a sticky thread that says "FAQ" is not a bright idea - you're spoiling this thread. The error message you get is not related to batch-adding, but to upload in general: it appears that you have been using ImageMagick in the past to resize your pics in coppermine. Your webhost has changed server settings (he probably enabled safe_mode), which menas that you can't use ImageMagick any longer. Switch the setting "Method for Resizing images" in coppermine's config to "GD2" and see if this cures your issues. If it doesn't, contact your webhost for support. As with the other posting from above, your question could have been solved by searching for the error message you got - has been asked and answered several times before.

Starrysky

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 09:39:13 am »

I am sorry for replying to this thread. I am new and wasn't sure about things. But thank you very much for answering my question and sure enough, it fixed my problem. Sorry for replying in this thread though.

Cainte

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2005, 06:10:29 pm »

Hi,

I tried to use the Batch Upload for the first time. I made a directory.. works... I uploaded some files for testing into the created folder... works... I clicked on Batch Add (or something like that in english) then I see the created folder clicked on it... but then I dont see the files I uploaded so I cant continue to insert them.

The MODs for directory and files is 777

An idea anyone?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2005, 08:46:49 am »

post a deep link to a file that you uploaded into the sub-album of the "albums" folder that is suppossed to show up but doesn't

Cainte

• Contributor
  • Coppermine novice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.