Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CSS messes my menu up  (Read 3305 times)

help_james

• Coppermine newbie
CSS messes my menu up
« on: August 28, 2005, 08:40:47 am »

Hi
I have installed coppermine and the functions seem to run fine. The problem occurs when trying to customise the layout. Basically I want to use the same headers and footers for my menu as other areas of my site.
The headers and footers have been wrote into .inc files so I can use php to pull them from any page, for instance the homepage template I've started (www.chilcott.me.uk/index3.php)
I have made a backup of the classic theme and want to modify it. I have put the header into the header part of the theme.php and the footer into the footer section. Please see attached file.
I have also modfied the template html file to the way I want it. So in theory the page should run fine (http://www.chilcott.me.uk/coppermine). However what seems to happen is the css messes my menu up and puts it onto a second line, changes the spacing etc. If I delete the line of code in the template.html file which refers to the css file then my menu runs correctly but obviously coppermine is messed up. Please see attached screenshots.
I have tried copying the css data associated with my menu to the css file but that makes no difference. I have also tried copying the css data from the menu to the template.html file but that makes no difference.
Can you help, its been driving me mad and I've tried everything I know?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: CSS messes my menu up
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2005, 09:03:04 am »

just a guess.. but the LI definition in the classic cpg css has a 10 px left margin. If you change this or you introduce a new class for LI like li.menu it should work (you for sure would have to change all LI calls in your header)

help_james

• Coppermine newbie
Re: CSS messes my menu up
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005, 06:54:08 am »

this seems to have worked. i'll check it and make sure it doesnt fall over
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.