Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Here are my problems  (Read 5000 times)

XSpeed

• Coppermine newbie
Here are my problems
« on: August 27, 2005, 11:01:40 am »

In Config, these two are Yes:

1. "Albums can be private"
2. "Show private album Icon to unlogged user"

When I (admin) create an album, and make it password protected, or another user create an album with password, that password protected album can be viewd only by the user who make it password protected, at other users or to unlogged users that album doesn't appear at all, nothing, no icon.
At the properties of those password protected albums, the "Album can be viewed by" is switched to Everybody (public lbum) (I saw a post where GauGau said it turns automatly to "Me only" if the album was password by the admin or, Only the user who creat that album, and put it with password can view that album)

And, another problem is that, I (admin) when I try to move files from one of my gallery (with the "edit files" button), to a user gallery, I can't, that user gallery doesn't appear in "Album" field.
When I (admin) upload files, I can't upload files in the users gallery too.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2005, 10:40:40 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Here are my problems
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 03:32:20 pm »

only one issue per thread, especially on the bugs board! Please review the testing section in the docs on how to file an actual bug report.

XSpeed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 04:32:40 pm »

I don't know the configuration of the server which keep my site.
I know that the web server use GD v2.x
I keep my site for free on that web server.

My operating system is Windows XP Pro, SP 2, and the browser I use is Opera v8.10.
I made a fresh install of Coppermine v1.4.1
I'm using the Hardwired (with some modifies) theme for the photo gallery.

At the beging, when I password protect an album, it works, the albums with password could be viewed by the unlogged and registered users, but now, they don't appear.

Now at the "User galleries" there are two albums with password and one without password, and, only I the admin can see them those two with password.

If you would like to see which is the problem, I enabled the debug mode, and the notices for debug mode ( can be view be everyone) The photo gallery is situated here: www.multix.3x.ro/gallery/

Thank You !

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 05:12:36 pm »

Use phpinfo() to find out more about your server setup. Make sure that you have the most recent CVS checkouts before reporting potential bugs - read the sticky thread on this board for details. To me it seems like you're requesting support for cpg1.4.1, which is not there yet - correct me if I'm wrong.

XSpeed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 07:43:31 pm »

But, if those two are tick to yes,(Albums can be private & Show private album Icon to unlogged user)  anyone who visit the gallery could see them (protected) but here, is a problem, and those albums could not be see by another users.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2005, 10:40:25 am »

Please answer my question: are you looking for support (i.e. you don't understand a new feature in cpg1.4.x) or are you suggesting a new feature? In my opinion, you do. Password protected albums are meant not to turn up visibly for all users but the admin/owner - that's expected behaviour. You have to send your users to a particular password protected album by posting a link to it somewhere on your page (or in a newsletter or similar), that's all. Marking this thread as "invalid".

XSpeed

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005, 02:32:19 pm »

I new feature like I told in the lasts post would be good.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005, 07:00:28 am »

Then why do you post on a board that is meant for posting bugs? Locking this thread now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 18 queries.