Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: comments being sent to admin even if NO is specified  (Read 3927 times)

ph23man

• Coppermine newbie
BUG: comments being sent to admin even if NO is specified
« on: December 03, 2003, 08:02:39 am »

I have cpgnuke 1.2.0 rc4 installed on phpnuke 6.9 and I am getting comments emailed to me even though I have "No" specified in the config section for "Email site admin upon comment submission."

How can I stop these emails?

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 01:33:55 pm »

strange we don't have this problem with any of our testing setups...
to stop emails anyway..
find in db_input.php
Code: [Select]
if ($CONFIG['email_comment_notification']) {
                $mail_body = $msg_body . "\n\r See it at http://" . $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] . "/" . $redirect;
                cpg_mail($CONFIG['gallery_admin_email'], $lang_db_input_php['email_comment_subject'], $mail_body);
            }
replace with
Code: [Select]
if ($CONFIG['email_comment_notification']) {
                $mail_body = $msg_body . "\n\r See it at http://" . $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] . "/" . $redirect;
                //cpg_mail($CONFIG['gallery_admin_email'], $lang_db_input_php['email_comment_subject'], $mail_body);
            }

ph23man

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 03:19:39 am »

I've figured out the source of the problem. The config form only updates the value for the field "comment_email_notification" while the db_input.php file looks for the value for "email_comment_notification".

So that's why changing the option to No didn't do anything. I looked in the database and it seems both these fields are present. I don't think it's just me because I did a clean install and didn't change anything.

whey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 06:05:25 am »

Quote from: "ph23man"
I've figured out the source of the problem. The config form only updates the value for the field "comment_email_notification" while the db_input.php file looks for the value for "email_comment_notification".

It's not just you, I noticed the same thing (and have the same issue).  I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, and if the handle duplicate or separate functions.

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 06:06:52 am »

thanks, I fixed this once b4 and will make sure this doen't get in rc5, which will be out in a couple hours barring any new probs :lol:
:idea:  comment_email_notification is the right one...change in db_input.php and delete email_comment_notification from db
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 19 queries.