Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: comments being sent to admin even if NO is specified  (Read 3926 times)

ph23man

• Coppermine newbie
BUG: comments being sent to admin even if NO is specified
« on: December 03, 2003, 08:02:39 am »

I have cpgnuke 1.2.0 rc4 installed on phpnuke 6.9 and I am getting comments emailed to me even though I have "No" specified in the config section for "Email site admin upon comment submission."

How can I stop these emails?

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2003, 01:33:55 pm »

strange we don't have this problem with any of our testing setups...
to stop emails anyway..
find in db_input.php
Code: [Select]
if ($CONFIG['email_comment_notification']) {
                $mail_body = $msg_body . "\n\r See it at http://" . $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] . "/" . $redirect;
                cpg_mail($CONFIG['gallery_admin_email'], $lang_db_input_php['email_comment_subject'], $mail_body);
            }
replace with
Code: [Select]
if ($CONFIG['email_comment_notification']) {
                $mail_body = $msg_body . "\n\r See it at http://" . $_SERVER["SERVER_NAME"] . "/" . $redirect;
                //cpg_mail($CONFIG['gallery_admin_email'], $lang_db_input_php['email_comment_subject'], $mail_body);
            }

ph23man

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2003, 03:19:39 am »

I've figured out the source of the problem. The config form only updates the value for the field "comment_email_notification" while the db_input.php file looks for the value for "email_comment_notification".

So that's why changing the option to No didn't do anything. I looked in the database and it seems both these fields are present. I don't think it's just me because I did a clean install and didn't change anything.

whey

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2003, 06:05:25 am »

Quote from: "ph23man"
I've figured out the source of the problem. The config form only updates the value for the field "comment_email_notification" while the db_input.php file looks for the value for "email_comment_notification".

It's not just you, I noticed the same thing (and have the same issue).  I'm not sure what the difference is between the two, and if the handle duplicate or separate functions.

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2003, 06:06:52 am »

thanks, I fixed this once b4 and will make sure this doen't get in rc5, which will be out in a couple hours barring any new probs :lol:
:idea:  comment_email_notification is the right one...change in db_input.php and delete email_comment_notification from db
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.