Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: menu  (Read 4374 times)

Crrash

• Coppermine newbie
menu
« on: August 26, 2005, 11:10:13 pm »

i once changed the menu word buttons to image buttons in one of the language files (german-utf8) and deleted all others.
now i have two themes and i would like the buttons to change accordingly also i would like to change the button layout of the second theme

how can i do this?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 05:08:59 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: menu
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 03:45:15 pm »

You shouldn't have changed them in the language file in the first place. Undo your changes in the language file and change your menu in the themes (themes/yourtheme/theme.php) instead.

Crrash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 04:47:51 pm »

;D duh... i just noticed that myself :P somehow evry time i opened theme.php i overlooked it....
ive also seen that search and favourites arent included... so i just added them... is that ok?

that wont give me so much control as i had hoped, but i think ill get there

well i wanted to add the theme drop down menu to the main menu to create something like this

_____
|____|   - main menu button

|-------|    - theme dropdown

well that looks almost as i want it to be....  well i want to have the dropdown menu in an extra cell with a background which looks like the main menu buttons so it looks like the theme dropdown menu is integrated into the main menu

well when are you planning to release coppermine 1.4.1 gold (or whatever you call the non alpha/beta version)? because i guess all this theme and menu work will become worthless for the 1.4.1 version
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 04:55:57 pm by Crrash »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2005, 05:08:31 pm »

ive also seen that search and favourites arent included... so i just added them... is that ok?
[/quote]They should already be there. If they are not, you might accidentally have removed them from your custom theme. Take a look at the standard themes that come with coppermine to see what's suppossed to be in the menu section.

well i wanted to add the theme drop down menu to the main menu to create something like this[/quote]This is done in themes/yourtheme/template.html - just move the {THEME_SELECT_LIST} placeholder token around.
  • well when are you planning to release coppermine 1.4.1 gold (or whatever you call the non alpha/beta version)? because i guess all this theme and menu work will become worthless for the 1.4.1 version
    There will be an upgrade guide that will teach you how to modify your custom theme to work with cpg1.4.x (this doc already exists), so there's no need to be alarmed.

Crrash

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2005, 05:38:15 pm »

i knew about the one question per thread policy... but i thought this counted still as the same.... sorry

i know about the {theme_select_list} placeholer, but the problem is that if i create a new cell, it will be beside the main menu and not intergrated... well ill continue my attempts at putting it on the right place
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 06:16:48 pm by Crrash »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 20 queries.