Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A nice feature would be... a "I'm on this picture"  (Read 7976 times)

dennis013

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.afhakers.nl
A nice feature would be... a "I'm on this picture"
« on: December 02, 2003, 09:50:57 pm »

I've searched the board and i can't seem to find something... So here's my post:
A very very cool feature would be to incoperate some sort of community thing into coppermine.
So registered users can have an extended personal profile page. This profile page has a personal user avatar/picture, personal photo's, some personal text, personal links and.. The ability to add themselfs to the picture via clicking on a "I'm on this picture" button (which is visible on a large image view.
So underneath the picture there will be some links to personal pages of people that are on the picture.

On the personal page of a user you can incorperate some links to comments they have made and pictures that they are on.

Nice huh?

I don't think this is possible yet or am i mistaken  :oops: ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 11:13:13 pm »

it's a nice idea, although our (the dev team's) main focus is improving the actual picture gallery functions, not the ones related to user management and community building.
As a place to start with I suggest you take a look at the option of integrating coppermine with some of the most common bulletin board softwares (like phpBB or YaBB SE). There are a lot of mods available for those boards, making them the community software you want it to become.
Another option is to use the PHPnuke/postnuke port of coppermine to build a portal, as those well known programms have a load of features around user management and integration.

We're trying to keep the changes that have to be applied to the database structure from version to version to a minimum - we'd lose backward compatibility if we introduced a lot of the features you suggest.

But hey, thanks for your suggestions anyway; it's at least an indicator what people are interessted in.

GauGau

P.S. if you want to code such modifications, you're of course welcome to post your hack on this board.

dennis013

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 11:25:05 pm »

:D I wish i could code php and make that change for you!!

Currently i develop in ASP, so no coppermine hack i'm afraid.
But i certainly want to thank you very much for this reply. After all this is something i really want on my site, so i will look in the direction you gave me.

ATM i have a coppermine album filled with about 4500+ pictures and i am quite scared to implement a phpbb with it.. Last time i tried it went all wrong and i had to delete the database.... pfff I spent all weekend to re-add all those pictures...

Hey... That might be an idea!
The batch add pictures option is nice, But it would be even more great when coppermine detects the folders/imagefiles and turn them into albums/pictures in one go..... This is a great option for those with allready a large archive of pictures.

btw.. if you're curious. My album's url: www.caidure.com/foto

------
sample urls. These sites have the system what i like to have with coppermine...

I wonder if they used a ready made app like coppermine or completly custom code...?

http://mrviper.student.utwente.nl/bikini2990/index.php?section=photos&action=viewalbum&id=252&page=1
http://party.snt.utwente.nl/flock/SECTION/gallery/ACTION/single/PUSERID/7647/PARTYID/10195.html

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 11:33:07 pm »

before you start "messing" with your live gallery (or, in fact, any code on your homepage) you should always be sure to have a backup ready.
Get phpMyAdmin, install it on your page (very easy, only one config file to edit) and upload it. Then, make a backup of your coppermine database.

The integration of coppermine with some bbs won't break things: if you already have coppermine in place, just install the bbs (standalone). You can then switch on/off bbs integration (as explained in the readme/documentation that comes with coppermine). If the integration doesn't work for you, you just switch off integration (one file to edit, only two slashes to add/remove), and your coppermine is as it used to be.

GauGau

dennis013

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 12:13:40 am »

Ok thanks a lot.

Is there an url avaible with a demo of coppermine & phpbb integrated together?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 12:34:09 am »

there's no "official" demo; just search the memberlist on this board and have a look at some homepages...

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.