Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A nice feature would be... a "I'm on this picture"  (Read 7940 times)

dennis013

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.afhakers.nl
A nice feature would be... a "I'm on this picture"
« on: December 02, 2003, 09:50:57 pm »

I've searched the board and i can't seem to find something... So here's my post:
A very very cool feature would be to incoperate some sort of community thing into coppermine.
So registered users can have an extended personal profile page. This profile page has a personal user avatar/picture, personal photo's, some personal text, personal links and.. The ability to add themselfs to the picture via clicking on a "I'm on this picture" button (which is visible on a large image view.
So underneath the picture there will be some links to personal pages of people that are on the picture.

On the personal page of a user you can incorperate some links to comments they have made and pictures that they are on.

Nice huh?

I don't think this is possible yet or am i mistaken  :oops: ?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 11:13:13 pm »

it's a nice idea, although our (the dev team's) main focus is improving the actual picture gallery functions, not the ones related to user management and community building.
As a place to start with I suggest you take a look at the option of integrating coppermine with some of the most common bulletin board softwares (like phpBB or YaBB SE). There are a lot of mods available for those boards, making them the community software you want it to become.
Another option is to use the PHPnuke/postnuke port of coppermine to build a portal, as those well known programms have a load of features around user management and integration.

We're trying to keep the changes that have to be applied to the database structure from version to version to a minimum - we'd lose backward compatibility if we introduced a lot of the features you suggest.

But hey, thanks for your suggestions anyway; it's at least an indicator what people are interessted in.

GauGau

P.S. if you want to code such modifications, you're of course welcome to post your hack on this board.

dennis013

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 11:25:05 pm »

:D I wish i could code php and make that change for you!!

Currently i develop in ASP, so no coppermine hack i'm afraid.
But i certainly want to thank you very much for this reply. After all this is something i really want on my site, so i will look in the direction you gave me.

ATM i have a coppermine album filled with about 4500+ pictures and i am quite scared to implement a phpbb with it.. Last time i tried it went all wrong and i had to delete the database.... pfff I spent all weekend to re-add all those pictures...

Hey... That might be an idea!
The batch add pictures option is nice, But it would be even more great when coppermine detects the folders/imagefiles and turn them into albums/pictures in one go..... This is a great option for those with allready a large archive of pictures.

btw.. if you're curious. My album's url: www.caidure.com/foto

------
sample urls. These sites have the system what i like to have with coppermine...

I wonder if they used a ready made app like coppermine or completly custom code...?

http://mrviper.student.utwente.nl/bikini2990/index.php?section=photos&action=viewalbum&id=252&page=1
http://party.snt.utwente.nl/flock/SECTION/gallery/ACTION/single/PUSERID/7647/PARTYID/10195.html

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 11:33:07 pm »

before you start "messing" with your live gallery (or, in fact, any code on your homepage) you should always be sure to have a backup ready.
Get phpMyAdmin, install it on your page (very easy, only one config file to edit) and upload it. Then, make a backup of your coppermine database.

The integration of coppermine with some bbs won't break things: if you already have coppermine in place, just install the bbs (standalone). You can then switch on/off bbs integration (as explained in the readme/documentation that comes with coppermine). If the integration doesn't work for you, you just switch off integration (one file to edit, only two slashes to add/remove), and your coppermine is as it used to be.

GauGau

dennis013

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 12:13:40 am »

Ok thanks a lot.

Is there an url avaible with a demo of coppermine & phpbb integrated together?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 12:34:09 am »

there's no "official" demo; just search the memberlist on this board and have a look at some homepages...

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.