Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Show same clip before every video file  (Read 4328 times)

elemental

• Coppermine newbie
Show same clip before every video file
« on: August 17, 2005, 09:34:17 am »

I know this is going to sound like a very idiotic question, but I'm willing to risk looking stupid because I would REALLY like to do this with coppermine. Almost every site that is devoted to movies you will be able to download trailers. On this trailers they always have an advertisement before the video starts to play. I see this also sometimes on video tutorials for sites. They have a quick clip stating their company's name and logo...then the video tutorial plays. Is there anyway I can do this? Is they way they actually did this on the sites is by taking the actual video files and placing their clips/ads in front of it? Or is there some way I could make the same clip play in front of every video? Thank you in advance.

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Show same clip before every video file
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 10:05:19 am »

You would need a video editor that would allow you to add the frames of video accordingly. This is not something that an online photo gallery could accomplish, though.

elemental

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 10:14:55 am »

Thanks so much for the quick response. So when you say video editor you mean I would need to take each video (AVI file)  that I want on my site and edit that file to add the frames I want.

This is exactly what I am trying to do to my video files:
http://www.digitaltutors.com/digital_tutors/video.php?v=211

The brain sequence is sort of like an ad. Then after viewing it you are allowed to play the video. So this looks like something I'm going to have to go search for, and do to the video. Coppermine (by editing) can not accomplish this?

edit-after doing some major filtering through that link's source code I found the coding, I think, that actually plays the 'small clip' (../dtv_/z_poster/poster_688_572.mov)  then the 'final video' (../dv/ae/211/211.mov)

Code: [Select]
<OBJECT CLASSID="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B" WIDTH="780" HEIGHT="600" CODEBASE="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" align="top" vspace="0" hspace="0">

<PARAM name="SRC" VALUE="../dtv_/z_poster/poster_688_572.mov">
<PARAM name="HREF" VALUE="../dv/ae/211/211.mov">

<PARAM name="AUTOPLAY" VALUE="true">
<PARAM name="LOOP" VALUE="false">
<PARAM name="CONTROLLER" VALUE="true">
<PARAM name="CACHE" VALUE="false">
<PARAM name="KIOSKMODE" VALUE="true">

<PARAM name="TARGETCACHE" VALUE="false">
<PARAM name="TARGET" VALUE="myself">
<PARAM name="PLAYEVERYFRAME" VALUE="false">

<embed src="../dtv_/z_poster/poster_688_572.mov" href="../dv/ae/211/211.mov" target="myself" width="780" height="600" autoplay="true" loop="false" controller="true" playeveryframe="false" cache="false" bgcolor="#000000" kioskmode="true" targetcache="false" pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/" align="top" vspace="0" hspace="0">
</embed>

</OBJECT>

It looks like HTML to me, perhaps I could add some of this coding to one of the coppermine files to let it know to play the 'small clip' before each video. Well, if someone could atleast tell me if this is possible what I am wanting (or if I'm on the right track, if you know) I would greatly, greatly appreciate it.
Thank you again.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2005, 10:38:15 am by elemental »

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 10:59:28 am »

I see, the intro is a separate file rather than being inserted into the same file. In that case, I could see that it would be possible to code it so that any call to a video file would direct to an ad file that would require the user to continue with a click to the video file.

elemental

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 07:05:11 pm »

Thanks so much for your help TransNDance! I'll be working on trying to get it coded and if I succeed I'll post what I did.

elemental

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 06:46:40 pm »

After many hours of searching I have come to find out WMP does not support the "click video to play clip" feature. Therefore, my idea has gone down the drain. I was wondering...I know there's a one question per thread rule but my quesiton is pretty relative. If I need to make a new thread, just let me know.

The reason I wanted an advertisement to play before you were able to watch the video is simply because I want my students to READ the description. The intended audience, I just know that 95% of the people are not going to read the description and instead by skip right to playing the video. That was the point in showing an ad...because while it was playing the students would read the desription because they would have to wait for the video...does anyone have an alternative to this? Anything I might could do to sort of have the person wait, to ensure they read the description? I doubt there is....but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 09:37:14 am »

you could fiddle with links (using some JavaScript gimmicks that may or may not work in all browsers), making them clickable only after some time - something similar to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=19123.0 (note: the code on the page I refered to is not copy'n-paste-ready, it will just give you an idea). Another option is to show an inline pop-up just in front of the actual content that goes away after some seconds, see http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex11/dhtmlad.htm

elemental

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2005, 07:38:24 am »

Thanks so much GauGau! I'll look into this and see what I can do  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.