Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: renaming index.php causes a number of functions to fail.  (Read 3763 times)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
renaming index.php causes a number of functions to fail.
« on: August 23, 2005, 01:10:27 am »

Gaugau, someone - mark this entry invalid, please.

It started with a misconception that index.php could easily be renamed.  In finally uploading my site to a remote server, I'm noticing a different behavior there over my local server.  So this topic should be ticked off as "invalid".  Thanks.  Sorry for wasting valuable board space.  -- DN

Old message follows -->

I was informed in the feature request board that the renaming of index.php was possible in 1.4.   Trying this I found a number of features, such as "my gallery"  no longer worked as "index.php" is hard coded into theme.inc a number of times as well as in 86 other files.

changing all of the theme.inc urls to reflect the name change allows all user functions to work in cpg, but does not allow the saving of admin settings.

All said and done, changing index.php in 1.4 does not work.

I suppose the easiest way to make this option work would be to rename index.php to some other name like cpg14x.php and change all of the instances of index.php in all 86 files.  Then create a blank php page that allows complete customization and include that in the cpg package.  Since the blank page would carry all the thematic menu items, navigating to the gallery would not be an issue and coppermine could easily become a complete web template from homepage to all other extraneous pages that a webmaster could want.

Dennis

Addendum added 8/22

1)  Descriptor is in error

When nibbler told me it was already possible in 1.4, I think he confused my feature request of renaming index.php to the new 1.4 feature of redirecting the homepage url in CONFIG.  When I do that, I am automatically redirected to my new homepage when I type in my url. i.e. http://localhost/dmn/ or mywebsite.com

If this is the case, however, the descriptor in CONFIG for URL for your homepage is in error.  It reads:

"This is the URL where a user will be directed when he clicks on the "Home" button in the main menu.
You can use "/" for the root of your domain, "index.php" for your gallery, or any valid URL. [cpg1.4.0 or better required]"

It says nothing about users being redirected to the homepage when visitors enter from the basic URL (without specific filename like index.php)  or domain name.

A redirection note should be included in the pop-up help.   

Thanks again,

Dennis
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 09:56:47 am by GauGau »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 18 queries.