Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question on thumnail size & layout - Max aspect?  (Read 3292 times)

Colliope

• Coppermine frequent poster
Question on thumnail size & layout - Max aspect?
« on: August 21, 2005, 03:01:07 am »

I have my gallery set to show 12 albums per page - 3 colums and 4 rows. I am having difficulty setting the sizes of the thumbnails right so that all the squares stay the same size. My second row, for instance, is taller than the first row because the thumbnail is taller.
Right now I have

Album List View -> "Size of thumbnails in pixels " set to 80

Files and Thumbnails settings  -> "Max dimension of a thumbnail " set to 80

Files and Thumbnails settings  -> "Use dimension " set to width.

I found this post:
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=15255.0

which says:

You need to change your config settings for Use dimension from height to max aspect.  That way Coppermine will check to see if the width or the height is larger than 50.  Right now you are using height, so your long pictures don't get resized correctly.  Then, use the admin tools to recreate the intermediate and thumbnail images.

I don't  understand the "Max aspect" option but I gather from the above that it's the best option and will prevent thumbs from being rendered out of proportion.  Is there a combination of the three settings above that will keep all the squares the same size, so that even if a thumb is resized correctly to size larger than a neighboring thumb, it won't push the square sizes out of whack?

I know from doing plain ol' html tables that you can hardcode the height & width of the cells so that they all stay the same size even if the cell content size varies. Thats basically what I'm trying to acheive here.

Thanks,
Col

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Question on thumnail size & layout - Max aspect?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 01:34:43 pm »

after changing the thumbnail size in coppermine's config, you have to rebuild your thumbnails using "admin tools". Did you do that?

Colliope

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 05:20:52 pm »

Thankyou. Yes, after changing the settings to what I posted above, I did rebuild using the Admin Tools. I did it again now just to make sure. However, for Step 3, where you select the albums you want the changes made to, I only selected the two albums I had a picture in. Am I supposed to go thru and do it for all the sample albums even though they don't have pics in them?

http://mike.colliope.com/coppermine/index.php  (version 1.3.3)

There's my link. I'm pretty sure I have it set so that people can look around without having to register.

Col

Colliope

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 05:52:03 pm »

I just had a thought. I think that since I can select which pic I want to use for each album's thumbnail, that I can make a pic for each album (making them all the same size of course) specifically to use as it's thumbnail. That way, the "table" rows will stay the same size because the thumbs won't change with each new upload. Does that sound right?

Col

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 07:34:55 pm »

try my mod ;)
with that you can make all thumbs the same size http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20374.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.