Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Users can't upload!  (Read 9351 times)

ac99

• Coppermine newbie
Users can't upload!
« on: August 20, 2005, 06:30:21 am »

Hi everyone!

I have instaled coppermine 1.3.3 and bridging it with SMF 1.0.5
All the group permissions in coppermine are right, configuration are right to, but only the admins could upload files! No one user coul upload, and they have permissions to do it!

It says:
Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files

Permissions are right and I have 5 albuns... could you help me?

Thanks
Carlos Gandra
www.mundodosanimais.com

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
Re: Users can't upload!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 02:29:03 pm »

Users must create their own private albums, or they must have permission to upload into public albums.  Please refer to the documentation.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

ac99

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 09:30:29 pm »

Note, the first objective of coppermine in my site is to do photo competitions, so now the only one albuns that exist are public albuns (but only members have permissions to upload). No one private album has been created. What I don't understand is why they can't upload if permissions are ok...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 11:05:37 pm »

So, the properties of each album have Visitors can upload files set to yes?  And the groups setting has Can upload files set to yes?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

shipwreck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 05:46:51 am »

I am having the same problem.  Only admins have ability to upload anywhere.  SMF 1.0.5

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2005, 05:50:35 am »

I am having the same problem.  Only admins have ability to upload anywhere.  SMF 1.0.5

So, the properties of each album have Visitors can upload files set to yes?  And the groups setting has Can upload files set to yes?

shipwreck

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2005, 06:02:45 am »

well, users can upload to all albums except the user galleries.  There are no user galleries created, just a category named "user galleries"

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2005, 06:05:41 am »

Users must create their own albums before they can upload into them.  Your users don't have the ability to do that?  In the groups page, you have Can have a personal gallery set to yes?

ac99

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2005, 06:26:00 am »

So, it appears that is resolved, I have give visitors permissions to upload... but in this case, the visitors really can upload, so I will loose the control of them...

One more simple question ;D: How can I add a buttom or a link to link SMF? I have removed the register/login/logout/profile in theme.php, but I want to add a link to the forum, because members only can logout by the forum ;)

Thanks

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2005, 06:39:46 am »

So, it appears that is resolved, I have give visitors permissions to upload... but in this case, the visitors really can upload, so I will loose the control of them...

Unless you allow it, anonymous users can't upload.  Uploading into a public album is allowed if the group can upload and the public album has the proper permission.  You can also approve uploads before they go public.  Please read the documentation.

One more simple question ;D: How can I add a buttom or a link to link SMF? I have removed the register/login/logout/profile in theme.php, but I want to add a link to the forum, because members only can logout by the forum ;)

Check out the themes board for posts about adding links to your theme.

WreckRman2

• Coppermine newbie
    • http://www.indywebdesign.com
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2005, 01:58:05 am »

I have the same problem... since upgrading registered user can ONLY upload into their own albums. No longer can registered users upload into public galleries created by the admin.
David Smith
Indy Web Design - http://www.indywebdesign.com
317-573-2486

We offer web hosting that includes easy installation for Coppermine Photo Gallery, phpBB2, PHP-Nuke, and a lot more...

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2005, 04:34:00 am »

I have the same problem... since upgrading registered user can ONLY upload into their own albums. No longer can registered users upload into public galleries created by the admin.

And after your upgrade, you verified the album properties are still set to allow visitors to upload, and your groups settings allow uploads?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.