Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: enable anon users to create regular albums. £???  (Read 6610 times)

batfastad

• Coppermine newbie
Request: enable anon users to create regular albums. £???
« on: August 18, 2005, 05:50:24 pm »

Hi guys

I want to slightly modify my installation of coppermine 1.3
I'm planning on editing a template to remove many of the features that I deem surplus to requirements

Basically I want a gallery where users don't have to register to do anything.

The security of the gallery will be based on a shared htaccess password which i will e-mail to those needing access.
It will be a gallery for the extended family only so nothing really mission critical.

Basically I've been told that to enable anonymous users to add abums to the system, requires a bit of editing of albmgr.php

How much would someone charge for investigating this?

I'm alright at PHP myself, but I've only just started playing with coppermine and don't really have the time to do this myself at the moment.

I'm also waiting for another feature due with coppermine 1.4...
http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=20880.msg95433#msg95433

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben
« Last Edit: October 17, 2005, 08:26:53 am by GauGau »

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
Re: Request: enable anon users to create regular albums. £???
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 07:50:52 pm »

ahh.. hello.. looks like I have exactly what you need. Users can create albums in categories of their choice. These albums are auto set to upload enabled. There's no option for users to delete or move the albums.. that's admin only. They just can create them

For your 2nd request... it's already existing in the mods board. My watermark mod. You'll just need to remove the backup function and have gd/ imagemagick stop adding watermarks... then it's just compressing images. The 1.2-1.5 mb pics get downsized to ~1/4

batfastad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 10:11:35 pm »

Ok, the watermark mod...

Is there anyway it can be set to physically resize the image rather than compress?

For example resize all pictures down to say 1024 pixels wide if they are larger?
Most digital cameras nowadays take pictures twice that size and there really is no point in keeping them that size taking up webspace.

looks like I have exactly what you need. Users can create albums in categories of their choice. These albums are auto set to upload enabled. There's no option for users to delete or move the albums.. that's admin only. They just can create them

That sounds ideal.
How about Anonymous users?

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 08:40:22 am »

the watermark mod needs for the downsizing just an if clause.. to see if the image is already <1024px

the album creat thing is for all user groups. There's no check. Admin, registered users still use their own

batfastad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 12:54:28 pm »

How much would you charge to make those mods for me??

Or for free? ;)

Stramm

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
    • Bettis Wollwelt
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2005, 01:27:15 pm »

The albmanager... I've it laying around here
the other stuff I'm going to code in a few... will combine it with the better thumbs/ watermark mod. Check the mods board in a some days

Have seen that there's already a resize mod. Nothing against the author but I'll go another way ;)
Still you can give that one a try

Attached is the album manager. Place the two files in coppermine main dir. Then you just need to call albmanage.php (You may prolly wish to remoce the login/ logout from the menu cause it's not necessary and may just confuse your users and place instead a link to albmanage.php. Check theme.php for that)

batfastad

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 02:26:30 pm »

Ok I've installed the album manager and it seems to be working great!!

I'll check for the resize mod next week!

Thanks

Ben

dscaglione

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2005, 05:25:23 pm »

The albmanager... I've it laying around here
the other stuff I'm going to code in a few... will combine it with the better thumbs/ watermark mod. Check the mods board in a some days

Have seen that there's already a resize mod. Nothing against the author but I'll go another way ;)
Still you can give that one a try

Attached is the album manager. Place the two files in coppermine main dir. Then you just need to call albmanage.php (You may prolly wish to remoce the login/ logout from the menu cause it's not necessary and may just confuse your users and place instead a link to albmanage.php. Check theme.php for that)

Stramm, this mod is almost exactly what I am looking for! Thank you for your hard work. One question though for a Coppermine newbie: Which file do I call albmanage.php from?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.