Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amount of albums/thumbnails on frontpage  (Read 3383 times)

Athlon_2o0o

• Coppermine newbie
Amount of albums/thumbnails on frontpage
« on: August 15, 2005, 11:57:55 pm »

Hi, In Coppermine v1.3.3 I can select the amount of albums I want to show. I want to show 4 albums of a category on the frontpage. But when you click on the category, I want all albums to be showed.

I can't find how the configure this option. When i select 4 albums it displays both 4 albums on the frontpage and inside the category. If I select 100 albums, then I see all the albums on the frontpage and all when I select the category.

Is there a way to seperate the display of albums (or for example to show no albums at all on the frontpage)? Thanks in advance

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Amount of albums/thumbnails on frontpage
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 07:44:33 am »

no, the number of albums to be displayed is the same when actually viewing an album or when having nested albums display for categories turned on. The only workaround is to create sub-categories, as categories can both hold albums as well as sub-categories. Having categories with 100 albums in it is not a good idea, it makes navigation hard for your site visitors. Just use the level of organization that fits your site. For more detailed recommendations, post a link to your site.

Athlon_2o0o

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 03:37:48 pm »

My site is http://www.globe-trotter.nl. From there click on English and Photos. My personal photos I collected there. I tried to sort them into "personal albums" and "travel albums" but I have like 50 personal albums and 5 of my travels :P. Maybe I should divde them different.

Maybe by year?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2005, 06:39:07 pm »

the actual url you should have posted is http://athlon.pwnz.nl/photos/index.php?lang=english
I recommend creating sub-categories, yes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.