Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exif data RAW->Jpeg / RawShooter Essentials  (Read 3717 times)

pirx

• Coppermine newbie
Exif data RAW->Jpeg / RawShooter Essentials
« on: August 17, 2005, 11:02:18 am »

Hi,

sometimes I use RawShotoer Essentials to convert my RAW files to Jpeg. After converting files, I can see the Exif data with Photoshop, xnview and with the linux command line tools jhead and exif. But if I upload the pictures, coppermine doesn't show any Exif information about these files. If I use an other tool (bibble...) to convert the RAW files, coppermine shows the corrrect Exif data.

I already asked in the Rawshooter forum, if there might be a problem with the Exif data and the jpegs RawShooter creates. They think it could be a php problem, because jhead/exif/xnview/Photoshop shows the correct data.

Any ideas?

Ralf
« Last Edit: August 21, 2005, 01:20:02 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Exif data RAW->Jpeg / RawShooter Essentials
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2005, 08:03:41 pm »

please attach a pic to your posting (using "additional options" when composing your message) that is suppossed to work, but doesn't.

pirx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2005, 10:19:52 pm »

Hi,

here is an example picture. Converted to Jpeg with RawShooter Essentials and resized with convert from ImageMagick. Coppermine doesn't show any Exif information.

jhead shows the correct data.

Nonfatal Error : 'IMG_1667-02.jpg' Illegally sized directory
File name    : IMG_1667-02.jpg
File size    : 38848 bytes
File date    : 2005:08:18 22:14:22
Camera make  : Canon
Camera model : Canon EOS 20D
Date/Time    : 2005:08:11 18:37:05
Resolution   : 704 x 469
Flash used   : No
Focal length : 150.0mm  (35mm equivalent: 240mm)
CCD width    : 22.48mm
Exposure time: 0.0040 s  (1/250)
Aperture     : f/13.0
ISO equiv.   : 200
Whitebalance : Auto
Exposure     : aperture priority (semi-auto)

Ralf

« Last Edit: August 18, 2005, 10:26:25 pm by pirx »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2005, 07:16:39 am »

OK, I can confirm that the pic you attached does contain exif data and that this data is not being shown in cpg1.3.3 - the exif class used in cpg1.3.3 doesn't seem to be capable to do so - not sure what the show-stopper is nor what to advice. The good news is: in cpg1.4.1, the exif data displays fine, so you might want to take a look at the unsupported cpg1.4.1 beta (read the caveats before upgrading).

pirx

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2005, 10:40:54 am »

OK, I can confirm that the pic you attached does contain exif data and that this data is not being shown in cpg1.3.3 - the exif class used in cpg1.3.3 doesn't seem to be capable to do so - not sure what the show-stopper is nor what to advice. The good news is: in cpg1.4.1, the exif data displays fine, so you might want to take a look at the unsupported cpg1.4.1 beta (read the caveats before upgrading).

Thank you for this information. I think I'll stay with 1.3.3 util the final 1.4 code will be released.

Ralf
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.