Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can i add ICQ and MSN messenger for user details?  (Read 6468 times)

lior_avr

• Coppermine newbie
How can i add ICQ and MSN messenger for user details?
« on: December 01, 2003, 10:57:20 am »

I think you should add this option that pepole can be conncted with the pepole that upload picture for public gallery.

this option is very important (to me anyway). and if u don't wanna add it plz tell me how can i do it... like you have at this forum.
[/b]

thank's Lior

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2003, 12:52:51 pm »

if you're using the standalone version of coppermine without bbs integration, this is a difficult task: you'd have to modify the user table as well as some core files. I suggest you think about integration with one of the popular bulletin board softwares (like phpBB or YaBB SE), which offers advanced management of user profiles and has some built-in "gimmicks" like messenger, newsletters, mass-emails etc.

GauGau

lior_avr

• Coppermine newbie
do u mean that pepole will add there self to
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2003, 01:43:37 pm »

forum that i will add? like this one?
mmm.. no this is not what i need i think... do u have a link for example what u mean?

well and if this in not the way... how can i edit the script with out add UBB?
need more explain plz.. i am not such a webmaster in PHP :(

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 11:26:57 pm »

you must understand this: although coppermine features the option to integrate its built-in user management with the user-management of a bbs like phpBB, we're currently not using bbs integration on this site (mainly because of bandwidth reasons), so you can't draw any conclusions from this page to the capabilities of bbs integration into coppermine (or vice versa).

Most bbs nowadays come with a load of features for user management, like:
  • banning
  • private messages
  • instant messenging over the most popular clients (like msn messenger, YIM, ICQ etc.)
  • private areas
  • user tracking
  • membership in multiple groups[/list:u]If you choose to integrate coppermine with your favorite bbs, the user has only to sign in once on your board and you can give him all those features you request. You can  add messenger icons next to user's comments, uploaded pics and link to their profiles. There are loads of add-ons and modifications available for the bbs that let you have even more user management-related features, which can turn your site into a community portal.

To find some demos, check the user profiles of the most active users on this board and look for links to their homepages. Some of them feature excellent examples for integration of Coppermine and some bbs (like phpBB or YaBB SE). Go to their pages, register an account there and test the functions (please respect the rules the owners of the pages have set up!). Although most of them will let you test things on their sites, you mustn't try to seek help on their sites unless they state they are willing to give coppermine-related support.

GauGau
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.