Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New server, rename old db?, help a db dork please?  (Read 2527 times)

dragonflylane

• Coppermine newbie
New server, rename old db?, help a db dork please?
« on: August 13, 2005, 11:00:51 pm »

Hey.  I've searched old posts for moving to a new server, and followed as best I can.  But I am seriously database stupid, and totally confused now.  Here's what I've done so far.  Hope it makes sense.  TIA for any help.

I just moved my business to a new host.  Long ago, I manually installed coppermine (1.3.1) on that old server.  Now I've FTP'd all those coppermine files to my harddrive.  I just installed 1.3.3, on the NEW server, using Fantastico.  Then proceeded to FTP old files to the new server...until all folders looked about the same.  Really technical, huh?!   ::)

So far, I can login (as fantastico instructed) perfectly.  But the album is empty.  THEN I read on these forums, to download a copy of my OLD db and restore it to the NEW server via Cpanel.  ......here's where I get confused.  Of course the old db has a different name.  So now I've got 2 different databases listed in MySQL.  Can I rename the old one?  Upload it and override the fantastico created one?

Should I delete the fantastico install and start over a different route?
Thanks for your help!
Christie

Nibbler

Re: New server, rename old db?, help a db dork please?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2005, 12:04:19 am »

Edit include/config.inc.php and fill in the correct information for the database you want to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.