Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Download links for Video files?  (Read 2723 times)

NostachBeOrchGaer

• Coppermine newbie
Download links for Video files?
« on: August 13, 2005, 07:22:58 pm »

I'm currently running Coppermine Gallery on my site. I have no images on this gallery because I use it to store videos. I rather enjoy having the video stream on the page, but I think it would be nice for my users to have a choice to download the video. I'm not sure how to go about offering a download link, although I most certainly have been trying the past two weeks.

I stumbled across this topic: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=19425.0 This page contains the modification to the displayimage.php file to allow the downloading of images.

This modification allows download links for images NOT for videos. Only pictures. I PMed the poster of the mod and asked him about it. He says he had no use for video downloads on his site and therefore did not look into it. He suggests I post a topic on the forum and see if anyone else know how to do it. So here I am. would anyone here happen to know how I might go about this? Is there a way I can change the modification to viewimage.php to allow the downloading of video files?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2005, 08:51:31 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

NostachBeOrchGaer

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Download links for Video files?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2005, 06:56:01 pm »

Thank you so much GauGau! I looked all over the forums for any threads relating to download links...dunno why I didn't find that one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.