Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: broken images  (Read 2720 times)

towson92

• Coppermine newbie
broken images
« on: August 13, 2005, 07:36:42 am »

I am having problems with coppermine displaying broken images. The thumnail looks fine but when you click on it the image does not come up - instead it displays the broken image icon on the top left hand side.  I have searched the web for a solution to this but cannot find one.  I am using apache 2.0.50 and coppermine 1.3.2.  I installed version 1.3.3 of coppermine and created a test album and loaded images into it.  The images are STILL broken.  I am unsure if it is coppermine or apache or even php?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: broken images
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 07:54:23 am »

Link to your gallery?

Are you sure the images really exist on the webserver?

Are you sure the rights of those images haven't been messed with? ie: unreadable by the webserver user?

Are you sure the images themselves don't have issues. I recieved a batch of jpg's on cd from a manufacturer that IE just refused to display. They displayed fine in Opera and FF, and the thumbnails and intermediates that coppermine created showed just fine. But the regular images just wouldn't display in IE.   I ended up using acdsee to convert all the jpg's to jpgs (as dumb as that sounds), but that did the trick. There was something in the previous jpg encoding that IE didn't like.

towson92

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:51:31 am »

The images are there and load the first time but when I click on refresh in firefox or IE the image becomes broken!  The images are in the album and should in theory load correctly.  I cannot work out why this is occurring?  My only thought is that php is somehow to blame?  I know it's not the database as when I installed the new version of coppermine with a new database and posted some test images it did the same thing!  It's very strange.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 09:24:22 am »

Do as suggested:
Link to your gallery?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.