Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theme Selector does not work in all views  (Read 4054 times)

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Theme Selector does not work in all views
« on: August 12, 2005, 11:40:37 pm »

Aloha and Mahalo to all of you for an outstanding product.

I've been tinkering with 1.4 on a local setup and I find that once the .htaccess file is created, I can only switch themes when I am in Album List or Search, but cannot switch themes when I am in any of the other views such as 'random, lastup, etc'.   Did I screw something up  or is this a bug?

My appologies if this subject has already been mentioned.  I could not find it anywhere.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Dennis

Ooops!  I just reinstalled the whole enchilada for a fourth time... and went through it step by step, checking and re-checking along the way..... and it appears to have nothing to do with Coppermine itself... but, rather, with a bug with MINICMS and MASTERTEMPLATE. Once installed, it seems you cannot uninstall them completely and the redirection gets all messed up.  (I left this message here just so others with a similar problem might look here first... ) 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 09:55:20 am by GauGau »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Theme Selector does not work in all views
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 09:55:12 am »

OK, thanks for returning and posting the solution. Marking the thread as "invalid".

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography
Re: Theme Selector does not work in all views
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 02:00:30 pm »

OK, thanks for returning and posting the solution. Marking the thread as "invalid".

Gaugau,

You might want to check this out as well.  When I install the SEF URL plug-in under CPG1.4, I am no longer able to switch to different themes in anything but the Album list and Search modes.   Might be a bug there.

Dennis

I rechecked and it really does seem to be a bug or incompatibility issue in the SEF URL plug-in rather than MiniCMS.  (Although MiniCMS dpes make my Server burp from time to time.) Sorry about the mis-direction earlier.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 02:12:47 pm by madeinhawaii »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 18 queries.