Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Java ?? text  (Read 5118 times)

Rich T

• Coppermine newbie
Java ?? text
« on: August 11, 2005, 08:42:57 am »

Hi guys, getting through my own personal look slowly. I have hit a small snag. At the bottom of the "Album Manager" section, there is some Java for a button called " Apply modifications" How do I change the colour of this text, I am a little stuck, and can it have a Hover colour ?.

Cheers

Richard
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 03:57:30 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Java ?? text
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:26:25 am »

It's actually not "Java", but "JavaScript" (two entirely different animals, just the names have been chosen poorly) that is being used in coppermine. Additionally, JavaScript doesn't determine the color of text nor buttons (well, it can, but it doesn't in this case). The stuff that you thought was JavaScript actually is some PHP that does the internationalisation of the button, it's not related at all.
Instead, you'll have to modify the CSS formating. If you want only this button to appear differently, find
Code: [Select]
<input type="submit" class="button" value="<?php echo $lang_albmgr_php['apply_modifs'?>">and replace with
<input type="submit" class="button" style="color:red;background-color:green; border:1px solid blue" value="<?php echo $lang_albmgr_php['apply_modifs'?>">or similar. If you want to change the appearance of all buttons, edit themes/yourtheme/style.css, find
.buttonand change the color schemes for this class accordingly.
Side note: you appear to be a newbie, so take only one step at a time and test your results. A good place to find out more about CSS is http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Rich T

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Java ?? text
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 12:15:21 pm »

Cool, thanks, I got it, yes, it was locating the code in the CSS I was stuck on. And you are right, I am a newbie, in many things :-). I do travel in small steps always so I can back track. I am getting there slowly.

Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Best wishes

Rich
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.