Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opinions on one use for Coppermine  (Read 2767 times)

autumn_whispers2me

• Coppermine novice
    • Autumn Whispers to Me
Opinions on one use for Coppermine
« on: August 09, 2005, 07:44:21 pm »

Hi:  I've had CM for a few months now, and I use it mostly for my photography.  But I would like to know if CM is a good tool for organizing desktop wallpapers for visitors to download?  What I mean by this is:  Since CM creates a thumbnail for every image, and since (if the config is set) it has the capability of allowing people to download the image via zip... would this work for desktop wallpapers.

One thing I do is make several sizes of wallpapers, so I'm not sure how that would work as far as additional download links for the image, etc.  But my biggest concern is the wallpapers sizes.  I suppose there's no way to avoid having the full size image be viewable, rather than just a thumbnail?

I know this all sounds confusing, but I'm trying to figure out a better way to display wallpapers and make them available for download, instead of going to usual route of creating several web pages, etc.

thanks in advance for your help. :)
Come to the dark side.  We've got cookies!  :D
(http://www.autumnwhisperstome.com/sigs/awtmmedievalsig.jpg)

Hein Traag

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • A, B, Cpg
    • Personal website - Spintires.nl
Re: Opinions on one use for Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:10:00 pm »

CPG is in my opinion the most flexible picture album out there. It already has a list of usefull features and if it is not standard there's another list of mods and hacks. And if what your looking for is not in one of those list you can either code it yourself or find someone here who can do it for you.

All in all i'd say CPG sounds like what you are looking for.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: Opinions on one use for Coppermine
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 04:16:21 am »

What I did in a similar situation is batch add all the base image I wanted, and I uploaded all the zip's that contained the packages, then in each image that had a package associated it, I used bbcode in the description to point to the regular zip.

This works well for an admin controlled gallery where you can directly ftp to the site and batch add, not so well for users uploading thier own images via CM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.