Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie Needing Help! (Theme is great in Mozilla Firefox; horrible in Explorer)  (Read 6671 times)

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens

:\'(
Hello!  I have finally managed to upload and install the meltingfilm_left theme. 

I have customized the color a bit (in the CSS codes) and added a custom banner to match my site.  It is perfect in Mozilla Firefox, but in Internet Explorer it hangs off the screen . . .

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Illuvenis/Melting_filmthemeerrorinExplorer.png)

I don't think this is anything I did, because I noticed that the original version of meltingfilm_left also does the same thing in Internet Explorer.  Although I'm not too proud to admit it I might have done something. 

Also centering the tables does not seem to help.  It is aligned to the right as it is, and still askew more to the left than it should be.  (Although I can tolerate that if I can get it to stop spreading off the page . . . )

Is there a code I can add that will make it look right in both browsers?  And if there is, exactly where in the HTML would I place it?

I really hope something can be done, because this theme is perfect!  :)

Thanks so much for your help. 
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 09:12:13 am by GauGau »

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens

One follow up question:

Where are my country flags?  And how to I get them to work? 

Again, thanks bunches.  ;)

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Illuvenis/GalleryCountryFlags.png)

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict

Link, please.

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

One mistake I see on your site, is you are having spaces in folder and filenames.  I suggest you remove these spaces, as they cause problems.

It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens

http://www.heathheathens.net/Photo_Gallery/index.php

Gallery has no photos loaded just yet. 

I took out the flag option from the configuration and it now shows up fine on both browsers.  So maybe
I can't have the flags.  Although it would be nice if I could.

What do you mean by spaces?  I thought that was just because nothing's loaded yet? 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

This isn't a standard theme, so there's probably a slight HTML coding error somewhere in the theme that's causing the IE display issue.

About spaces: generally speaking, you shouldn't have spaces in file names or directory names.  They can cause problems for web applications sometimes, so it's best to avoid them when possible.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens

This isn't a standard theme, so there's probably a slight HTML coding error somewhere in the theme that's causing the IE display issue.

Really?  I found it on your Coppermine's download page.  It's called meltingfilm_left.

About spaces: generally speaking, you shouldn't have spaces in file names or directory names.  They can cause problems for web applications sometimes, so it's best to avoid them when possible.
Wow, that's very good to know.  Thanks.  I have named my categories now, and they do have spaces.  Can I edit them, or do I need to delete them and redo them?

Now, wanna hear another problem?  UGH!!!    My gallery doesn't show any icons anywhere.  Only text.

I have just found this out.  I'm wondering if my image file has all the images in it that it's supposed to?

(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Illuvenis/Galleryerrorgraphics.png)

Again, when you answer, please try to imagine a person who knows absolutely nothing about this.  And then dumb it down more.   :-\\

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 05:42:19 am by phyllismc »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

It's fine to have spaces in categories and albums, as those entries will only exist in your database. However, you should avoid spaces and special chars in files and folder names, as this will have an impact on URLs (there can not be spaces in URLs, so there has to be some replacing going on).

Casper

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict

What I picked up on was when visiting your site I saw urls such as this, http://www.heathheathens.com/Heath's Articles & Interviews.htm

That really does break the rules, with both spaces, special characters and punctuation.

The standard themes are those contained in the download.  The ones available as seperate downloads are mostly user contributions, and while we are happy to make them available, we cannot support them.  The same for all user supplied mods/hacks etc.

There is a board where most of these themes have their own thread, hopefully with support from the original contributor.

The flags upset the theme simply because they need more space than is available. Try opening your themes/meltingfilm_left/template.html and move the {LANGUAGE_SELECT_FLAGS} from it's current position to the bottom, just above the </body> tag

And your images do appear to be missing.  Not the theme ones, the ones in your /Photo_Gallery/images/ folder.  Try re-uploading them.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 01:21:04 pm by Casper »
It has been a long time now since I did my little bit here, and have done no coding or any other such stuff since. I'm back to being a noob here

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens

Will do . . . thanks, much.

I'll also rename the URL's in my web design program.  That's something I know I can handle.  LOL

As for this other?  who knows?  we'll see.  :-\\

phyllismc

• Coppermine novice
    • Heath Ledger Heathens

And your images do appear to be missing.  Not the theme ones, the ones in your /Photo_Gallery/images/ folder.  Try re-uploading them.

WHOO-HOO!!!  Thank you so much!  You inadvertently gave me the information I needed in that one sentence.  LOL . . .

I did not even HAVE an images folder under Photo_Gallery.  Only under themes.  So as soon as I recognized that I needed two image folders, I added one.  Thank you so much. 

Now, I have an additional problem that I'm currently scouring the boards and documentations for.  So far I've found no answer, that I understand, anyway . . . but if I can't, I will start a new thread with that one (according to your rules).

Thanks again for your patience. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 20 queries.