Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Remove pictures from gallery, rather than just delete.  (Read 3043 times)

JasonB

• Coppermine novice
    • The Big Squiff
Remove pictures from gallery, rather than just delete.
« on: August 07, 2005, 04:08:44 pm »

It would be nice if there were a "remove from gallery" option that would be like delete, except that it wouldn't touch the file system itself - rather it would just take the entry out of the database.

If I have, say, 50 pictures and I want to rename them all in some manner, what I have to do at present is move or copy them elsewhere (so I don't lose the files themselves) delete the pictures from Coppermine, rename them, move/copy the renamed version back, and then batch add them back in again.

If I could just get them out of the database, but leave the files instact, I wouldn't need to worry about doing the move/copy - I could leave them where they are and just rename them directly.

Nibbler

Re: Remove pictures from gallery, rather than just delete.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 04:29:03 pm »

Just comment out the unlink() line. Why can't you do your renaming through coppermine ?

JasonB

• Coppermine novice
    • The Big Squiff
Re: Remove pictures from gallery, rather than just delete.
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 05:38:58 pm »

> Why can't you do your renaming through coppermine?

For individual picture renaming, see this thread. <grin>  For bulk renaming, the Admin Tools is far too limited.  Unless I'm just blind and there's some other method I can use, I don't see how to do a rename of a file on disk along with its already existing entry in the database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.