Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Approval code/access code / invitation code (register.php)  (Read 7623 times)

narakalex

• Coppermine newbie
Approval code/access code / invitation code (register.php)
« on: August 05, 2005, 09:34:25 pm »

I've looked in the forum if there was any solution to my problem.. but haven't found any.. the closet was a registration where the email address have to comply with a predefined domain (@example.com)...

My problem is that.. i would like to have a public photomine gallery.. but i want to restrict everybody from registering to my website..

I'd like to be able to give out "approval/access" codes to my friends.. so that they'll be able to register.. cuz they know the access/approval code for the registration process...
It should proberly be something like this...(when people click on "register")

Username: mojojojo
Password: cpg
Re-enter password: cpg
Email: mojojojo@example.com
Approval-code: cpgrules

So basically it would only be people that knows the approval-code (that i have given out to people) that would be able to register to the website..

Any way to do this?

(PS. Just a simple hack of the register.php to check for the approval/access code would be a way i think... but how to come about this?... )

The closets solution i've been able to find is:  http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=16615.0

But since my friends have emails at different domains, this solution wouldn't work for me..  :(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2005, 02:13:44 pm by narakalex »

narakalex

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Approval code/access code
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 10:06:10 am »

a half solution..

You need to add 3 lines of code in register.php

Find this in register.php:

Code: [Select]
array('input', 'occupation', $lang_register_php['occupation'], 255),After occupation add the following line (new line)

array('input', 'approvalcode', $lang_register_php['approvalcode'], 255),
Then find this in register.php:
$occupation = addslashes(get_post_var('occupation'));After occupation add the following line (new line)
$approvalcode = addslashes(get_post_var('approvalcode'));
Then find this in register.php:
if (!eregi("^[_\.0-9a-z\-]+@([0-9a-z][0-9a-z-]+\.)+[a-z]{2,6}$", $email)) $error .= '<li>' . $lang_register_php['err_invalid_email'];After email add the following line (new line)
if (strstr($approvalcode,'cpgrules') != 'cpgrules') $error .= '<li>You must enter the approvalcode in the last box (below occupation)';
(if you want more then just 1 approvalcode/access code add this line instead..)
if (strstr($approvalcode,'cpgrules') != 'cpgrules' && strstr($approvalcode,'cpgrules2005') != 'cpgrules2005') {
    $error .= '<li>You must enter your approvalcode in the last box (below occupation)';
}

There is 1 small problem.. when people go to the registration page... There is no text to say that you need to enter a "approvalcode" in the last box..
This only comes when people try to register without the approvalcode.. then a error message comes.. stating "You must enter the approvalcode in the last box (below occupation)"

Any way to solve this?

(PS. This example is a TOTAL rip-off of "GauGau" so some credit should go to him for solving 90% of the problem...)
Rip-off: http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=16615.0
« Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 10:24:49 am by narakalex »

Nibbler

Re: Approval code/access code (register.php)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 05:20:33 pm »

You either add a translation into the lang files for $lang_register_php['approvalcode'] or you just hardcode what you want instead of refering to this non-existant variable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.