Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: adding stories/long texts  (Read 13334 times)

fairgeek

• Coppermine newbie
    • broken cloud
adding stories/long texts
« on: August 06, 2005, 12:51:46 am »

Yes, I have searched for this topic on the forums already and cannot find any related topics that were actually replied to.

I know that cpg is mainly a photo gallery, however, I am wondering if there is a way to add stories and such as well.  I have already attempted this using the image description field to display the text, but there are 2 main problems I am encountering:
1) I need to have the title display instead of the thumbnail for certain categories (these categories are where I put the stories & stuff)
2) because the caption is displaying the full text on thumbnail pages, I need to have the size of caption displayed on the thumbnail pages limited (possible using css overflow maybe?  but which document would be the most effective to place the css code in?)

Another issue I would eventually like to address on my own site is having seperate forms for stories and pictures.

attempt

• Coppermine novice
Re: adding stories/long texts
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:57:35 pm »

I was searching for the same thing, but no solution.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: adding stories/long texts
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 08:26:53 pm »

This is the deprecated support board for cpg1.3.x (which goes unsupported). It's not a bright idea to hijack an outdated thread. If you're using cpg1.4.x, try the MiniCMS plugin. If you're running cpg1.3.x, upgrade first. Locking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 20 queries.