Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Field information question  (Read 2626 times)

NostachBeOrchGaer

• Coppermine newbie
Field information question
« on: August 03, 2005, 07:06:48 am »

I've been working on the custom fields, trying to get them the way I want, for about an hour now. I have pretty much found everything via the search engine. However, after searching through many topics I can't seem to find out the answer to this:

I use CPG simply to store video files. The streaming video is wonderful, however, I would like the users to be able to download the video if they wish to do so. In order to accomplish this, I thought I could make a custom field with HTML tags to point toward the file. No go, apparently CPG doesn't support HTML nor BBcode in custom fields. Is there any alternative to this? I have seriously been searching for a mod for this, because I did find a thread with someone asking the same question. The response to his topic was merely "It exists search for it" I have done so for a very long time and I can't find a trace of it. Perhaps I'm using the wrong keywords? Or does this mod not exist?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2005, 07:26:52 am by NostachBeOrchGaer »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

NostachBeOrchGaer

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Field information question
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 08:44:22 pm »

Thank you for the response. That modification did work, however, it only allows the downloading of pictures and not video files. Is there something I could alter in the code to allow the users to download the video files instead of the pictures (or both, it doesn't really matter)

Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.