Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CSS question with Coppermine template  (Read 3405 times)

chuckywang

• Coppermine newbie
CSS question with Coppermine template
« on: August 02, 2005, 01:41:37 am »

Hello, I would like to incorporate a header to my coppermine gallery. However, I already have the stylesheet I want to use for that header, and it's different from the style.css stylesheet that the template uses. How do I specify that I want to use my own stylesheet for the header and coppermine's stylesheet for the gallery?

Thanks.

donnoman

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • From donovanbray.com
    • Donovan Bray
Re: CSS question with Coppermine template
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 05:07:40 am »

If you really want to; just add your stylesheet next to the coppermine stylesheet assignment in template.html

look for
Code: [Select]
<link rel="stylesheet" href="themes/classic/style.css" />
Fair warning: using two stylesheets not built to work together can produce very obscure CSS results that can be tough to troubleshoot.

Also remember css classes are merged and conflict resolution goes by specificity, then if theres still a conflict, last writer wins, so the order in which you specify the css links can become important, and neither order may be totally satisfactory.

Experiment and see. If all else fails, manually merge them into a single css file, then go over the resulting css file with a fine tooth comb. (and css validator)

Good luck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.