Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Add left/right arrows to the filmstrip to indicate that there are more photos  (Read 4500 times)

umpqua5

• Coppermine newbie

A couple of users on my site didn't think there were any more photos than the 7 already displayed on the filmstrip. Having arrows would help, especially if the left/right arrow would dissapear when your are at the beginning/end of the filmstrip. I know that a scrolling strip is approved for v1.5, and there is a hack available now, but the scrolling hack I found did not have arrows. I don't know how much of a trouble it is to add arrows to the static filmstrip in v1.4 when released.

JasonB

• Coppermine novice
    • The Big Squiff

Nice idea.  I'd have something like ">" and ">>", one to move the strip an entire set of pictures forward, the other to move to the last set of pictures.  Or, alternatively, an input or dropdown box where you could jump to the picture numbered X.

98VFR

• Coppermine newbie

I just finished installing Coppermine about an hour ago, and this is the first thing I came looking for, as it's really annoying trying to get to one end of the pics from the other.  If anyone has done this or knows how, I think it would be a great addition to an otherwise wonderful product.

artistsinhawaii

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • evj art and photography

You may want to take a look at these links.  It might just be what you are looking for.

http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=8166.0
and http://forum.coppermine-gallery.net/index.php?topic=11295.0

Dennis
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 04:00:08 am by madeinhawaii »
Learn and live ... In January of 2011, after a botched stent attempt, the doctors told me I needed a multiple bypass surgery or I could die.  I told them I needed new doctors.

robobear

• Coppermine newbie
    • robobear.com
Re: Add left/right arrows - right on
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 01:28:48 am »

I know this has been discussed, just wanted to add another vote for the arrows. I looked at the links above and gave them a try but I don't know enough about code to get them working. Also it's hard to figure out what the final work is and what was decided about it. Anyway. As a new user interested in coppermine, it didn't take too long to figure out how to navigate through a coppermine gallery. But before I was interested in having my own gallery, I would stumble apon a coppermine gallery now and then, distinguishable by the filmstrip image along the bottom. I never knew how to navigate those galleries, or that there were more images or albums, or that the filmstrip would advance. It may take a very short time to figure out, but when someone is visiting your gallery you can't ask them to go and learn how to navigate a coppermine gallery and then come back. You need things as clear and simple as possible if you want people to explore your site. If I set up a photo gallery I'm probably going to try and replace the filmstrip graphic in the table background with a graphic explaining how to navigate.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.