Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I followed ALL steps, very detailed post. "Sorry there is no album [...]"  (Read 5151 times)

kaosrain

• Coppermine newbie

I've been trying all day to get this to work. It worked for a bit earlier but then stopped. I'm trying to get it set up so that my girlfriend (the zeovpos account) can upload and delete pictures from the "Just For Us" folder, and let my account do the same (kaosrain). She also will have a couple other folders but that isn't important right now. I reinstalled Coppermine and below I've listed every single step that I took. I have turned on debug mode and set up a non-admin account so you guys can help (details at the end.) THANK YOU!

Steps:

Installed Coppermine into /pics/, username kaosrain as admin

chmodd 777 /pics/, /albums/, /albums/edit/, /albums/userpics/

Create two new groups: Sydney, Andy and Sydney

Set permissions on both new groups to 1572864KB disk quota, yes rate, yes ecards, yes comment, yes upload, no pub approval, yes personal gallery, no priv approval, single file uploads only

Create new user zeovpos with drop box "Sydney", checkbox "Andy and Sydney", "Sydney"

Create new user temp in Administrator group

Log out of kaosrain, Log in to temp account, edit kaosrain to check "Andy and Sydney" box

Log out of temp account, log in to kaosrain

Delete temp user

Create new album "Just For US"

Modify "Just For Us" album, select Album can be viewed by Members of the Andy and Sydney group, click update

Click "upload file", upload test file into "Just For Us", everything works fine

Log out of zeovpos, log in to kaosrain

Go to properties of "Just for Us" album, choose "yes, visitors can upload files", click update

Click on "upload file", get error "Sorry there is no album where you are allowed to upload files"

Create new user "helpme", password "helpme", dropbox "Andy and Sydney", checkbox "Andy and Sydney"

Click config, enable debug mode Yes:Everyone

Post this message

*** NOTES: Sometimes I didn't list above that I clicked the apply button, but I ALWAYS did--I made absolutely sure. I just didn't type it every time. Account is user: helpme pass: helpme at http://www.kaostical.com/pics/index.php
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 12:55:43 pm by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

kaosrain

• Coppermine newbie

Thanks, but I'm trying to be able to post in the "Just for Us" album

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Then set permissions accordingly when logged in as admin. Make the non-admin user member of a special group (create one on the "groups" page first) if you haven't already done so, to let only the group members see this particular album. In groups manager, allow this particular group to upload into public albums as well.

kaosrain

• Coppermine newbie

I know my steps were pretty long, but if you check it out I did do all of that. That's why I'm so confused. I think I've done everything I'm supposed to.

helpme, kaosrain, and zeovpos are all members of "Andy and Sydney." zeovpos created "Just For Us", and only "Andy and Sydney" members can see it. Allow visitors to upload for that album is selected. "Andy and Sydney" group is alllowed to upload. Only zeovpos can upload to that album for some reason.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

make the test user account you posted before a member of your special group, then reply here if you have done so.

kaosrain

• Coppermine newbie

Yep, I did that too before I made the first post. I really did try to read and do everything :>

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

Send me a PM that contains:
- a link to this thread
- an admin user account

kaosrain

• Coppermine newbie

Okay, I did that. My internet was acting up, so if it didn't come through (or if it spammed you with multiple PMs), I apologize. If it didn't come through just let me know and I'll resend :)

thanks again

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

OK, fixed things, using your admin account.
  • What you did wrong: you didn't create the album "Just for us" within the public section of the galery, but as personal album of the administrator "kaosrain" (within the "user galleries" section). Into personal albums, only the owner can upload, no matter what. I created another album "Just for us" in the public section, moved the pics that existed in the personal galleries of the admin and the test user to it and was done
  • You haven't specified a "Target address for the 'See more pictures' link in e-cards" in coppermine's config. This setting is more important than it looks. I set it up for you.
  • You haven't entered a valid email address in the config section. You should, as it is used to send ecards, which are enabled
  • You're running cpg1.3.2 - while the most recent stable version is cpg1.3.3. Upgrade asap, as there are some security issues with cpg1.3.2!
Please change the password of your admin account, and take another look at the documentation - the things that went wrong happened because you haven't read the docs properly.

Joachim

kaosrain

• Coppermine newbie

How could I set it as a personal gallery of kaosrain? I made it as zeovpos :(

Thank you for fixing it :)

I haven't upgraded to 1.3.3, but I did apply the "patch" to fix the security issues.

THANKS!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.