Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Big Problem[GIF Support?]  (Read 4697 times)

Minne

• Coppermine newbie
Big Big Problem[GIF Support?]
« on: November 28, 2003, 04:28:05 am »

when i try to add batch photos. and get to the final screen where it says ok. but the picture is broken and then i click it and it says Unable to create thumbnail or reduced size image.

and also another problem is when i try to add gif photos it just shows a photo that says gif on the lil example. and config in admin panel says it accepts gif
[editors note] I changed the title please try to be more descriptive[/note]

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
Gif Support
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 12:16:59 pm »

GIF file writing is not supported in GD and can not  be resized by Imagemagick. Future gif support relies on the protections running out and the support in PHP/GD/IM..

mvru

• Coppermine newbie
Is there any way to upload GIF files?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2003, 09:54:21 am »

Is there any way to upload GIF files into my gallery?
I was trying to upload a gif files but I'm getting this error:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When using the GD image library allowed image types are only JPEG and PNG.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help is apreciated!

gtroll

• VIP
  • Coppermine addict
    • CPG-Nuke
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2003, 11:07:15 am »

ok here a hacky way to do it you wouldn't want to do this for a bunch of pics but this might work
first make a jpg image the same size and name as your gif but name.jpg upload through script. resize your gif's by hand to the same size of your script resize jpg saving to normal_*.gif and thumb_ *.gif. ftp your resized gif's to the same directory you uploaded jpg of same name. go into phpmyadmin edit the info in cpg_pictures to have the file extension and filesize of your gifs.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 09:27:33 pm »

GIF file writing is not supported in GD and can not be resized by Imagemagick

Imagemagick supports resizing GIFs!  I upload them all the time and have no problems creating thumbs and intermediate images.  The only thing is that ImageMagick binary distributions do not include support for the LZW algorithm so GIF files are written uncompressed, so it's recommended to convert images to PNG or JPEG.  If you don't have Imagemagick installed, ask your host to install it for you - most will do so upon request.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.