Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Import a set of registered users to a new gallery?  (Read 4199 times)

M3

• Coppermine novice
Import a set of registered users to a new gallery?
« on: July 26, 2005, 11:01:01 pm »

I've searched and come to the conclusion I'm the only botard not backing up her databases in the entire free world.

Server was hacked, my site is fine, but databases were lost. Old Gallery remains but is unusable, all pics are still there. Over 2,000+ registered users (registration required to view full files, naturally).

Can I import all my old registered users to the NEW gallery I'll be installing?

If so, which files are they? I've dug around in my FTP of what's up but nothing jumps out and says "User Database" or anything.

And would I be able to just "move" the file/folder to the new gallery as I would be doing with all the picture albums? (which by the way, I discovered how to do using the search feature, yay me!)

I appreciate any help, it's not URGENT because my hosts haven't quite got the installation right. I'm getting error messages when I use Fantastico, so whenever they get that done, I already have all the pictures still up (I wisely relabelled "gallery" to "oldgallery" instead of deleting. buuuuut not smart enough to make backups) so presumably all the user registration is also still in there. I just need to find it, cuddle it, and move it. Thanks :)

Nibbler

Re: Import a set of registered users to a new gallery?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 11:16:32 pm »

The user details are stored in the database, if you lost the database you have lost the users.  :-\\

M3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 11:26:07 pm »

*semi-hysterical laughter*

OK, just to clarify, just in case it might still be there, the list of folders I have in the installation gallery would be albums, bridge, docs, images, include, lang, readme, sql and themes, then a bunch of php files that were just in the main gallery directory.

Basically my entire site appeared to be fine, but when you click on the link on my site to the gallery you get "Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to database !

MySQL said: Access denied for user: 'heidi_copp1@localhost' (Using password: YES)"

So I figured it's all still kinda there? Unless... it's not. In which case... I need a stiff drink. They are so so so not going to like having to re-register... 

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 12:24:42 am »

Have you verified the Coppermine database exists, the tables exist, the data exists, and that user has permission to access the database?
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

M3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 09:53:42 pm »

It was giving me an error message when I tried to enter the main gallery, so I'm not sure if that's a Yes or No answer to your question.

I've finally been able to make a brand new gallery and spent the afternoon moving the existing old gallery folders with pics into the new gallery.

So presumably, if the .php file with the users names and passwords are still there, I can move that too? I've got to find my notes on what mods I made to the gallery and move that .php file over too.

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 11:31:00 pm »

Your user names and passwords are stored in the database, not in any php file.  To verify your database exists, use a tool like phpMyAdmin.  If there are no Coppermine tables from your first installation, you have no users and have to start over.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

M3

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2005, 09:26:25 pm »

Ahhhh, finally I understand. Well, we'll give it a shot with no registration and if it kills my bandwidth we'll reinstate it.

Thanks!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 19 queries.