Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Text on photo (text only watermark)  (Read 9388 times)

shadow_mart

• Coppermine newbie
Text on photo (text only watermark)
« on: July 22, 2005, 08:25:58 pm »

hello!

I've read most posts about watermarking and developer's decision in this matter. But I was wondering if it would be hard to implement
very,very basic watermark which would be only text, not any graphics.
For example in config one could type text e.g "mysite.com" and it would been shown on all photos centered or something like that.

I bring  this topic again, becouse I've tested many scripts galleries and I think you're doing very,very good job, but this is very importent feature for many users who don't want
somebody steal their pictures. Ok I know there are some mods/hacks and also I know that it would couse much server load but I've been using some watermarking class found on phpclasses.org and successfully use it on my site ( here ) where every photo got watermark on the fly. I do not see big server load, therefore woudln't be wise to implement simple only text watermark in coppermine ?

It could be default off on installation, and has some statement such as "This feature may crash your server :)"

Can you think it over again ?

Best regards, and thanks for greate piece of software !

Tranz

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
Re: Text on photo (text only watermark)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 06:02:07 am »

This was on the to do list but it was ultimately not done because it has something to do with not all users being able to take advantage of it.

However, there is an effort to develop a watermark plug-in for CPG 1.4 for those who want to easily implement a watermark function in their gallery.

shadow_mart

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 10:23:53 am »

Thanks for reply TranznDance !

Watermark plugin would be nice idea. Of course I think only about enlarged pictures. Small ones do not need any watermark.
I can be volunteer to test/debug it (some php skills) on my server :) but only with GD2 :(

I posted this becouse I really wouldn't like coppermine to have this feature only by mod/hack. Ok for me is not problem to hack the code
but there are  many users who use coppermine through fantastico (cpanel) and do not have any programming skills to breake into the code :(
Coppermine's power is the fact that after simple installation everything goes fine and you can use it without any problems.

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 01:33:39 pm »

TranzNDance is right (as always): the feature you request has been scheduled fro cpg1.4.x, but was not done. I guess I'll have another "go" when we'll start developing cpg1.5.x. Meanwhile, I recommend batch-adding text to pics before upload using watermarking tools like picture shark
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.