Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Admin Mode gone after reinstall of Coppermine.  (Read 5496 times)

evhwanabe

• Coppermine newbie
Admin Mode gone after reinstall of Coppermine.
« on: July 21, 2005, 04:15:05 pm »

I did a test install of 1.4 beta to test the bridging features with my phpBB (1.0.x) board. Once the bridging was set up it seemed to work fine except that I used a different admin password for coppermine than I did for phpBB....opps my bad. (thats not the issue I am reporting). So I deleted the coppermine installation and database, and reinstalled using the proper admin name and password to match my phpBB installation. My problem is now everytime I click on admin mode, nothing happens. If I try and go to the admin.php file directly it says I don't have permission to access that file. I have tried reinstalling numerous times using different directory names for coppermine and different database user/pass with no luck fixing this problem. Before I started this project this morning I downloaded the latest copy of 1.4 beta!

Is this a bug? Is this something stupid that I am missing on my part? Did something in my phpBB db get screwed up?
Thanks,
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 07:21:08 pm by Nibbler »

evhwanabe

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Admin Mode gone after reinstall of Coppermine.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 07:17:44 pm »

Fixed...........Just deleted all cookies and now it lets me switch to admin mode! Sorry for wasting anyones time. ;-(

Nibbler

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 07:28:44 pm »

Thanks for resolving.

PS. There is no need to have both coppermine and phpbb admin details the same.

evhwanabe

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 08:00:55 pm »

Yes Nibbler you are correct. My coppermine admin user/pass and phpBB admin user/pass are different now. I made an assumption before figuring they needed to be the same.

Thanks and keep up the good work guys!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.