Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding a Simple bit of Text  (Read 3422 times)

Condor

• Coppermine newbie
    • Jumblies.net
Adding a Simple bit of Text
« on: July 20, 2005, 09:14:49 am »

I would like to add a simple bit of text that says 'Click the picture for a bigger version'.

I have just started using Coppermine, but have been using Mambo for a while.
I'm competent enough to do minor php edits and play with css but I am a long way from knowledgeable.

In this picture I want to add text just above the 'Powered by...' text that says something like 'Click any image for a larger version' (some users are not very literate).

(http://www.zen27727.zen.co.uk/images/cpmtext1.jpg)

So, I looked in the theme files and then the whole coppermine directory structure for a file containing the word 'Powered', thinking it must be hardcoded into an html, a php or such somewhere, hence I might be able to work out where to place my text. I was hoping to be able to make a new theme that was just this tiny edit vs. the standard Rainy Day theme. But it doesn't appear anywhere.

I also wanted to some text just above the file decription in this picture, I was hoping that discovering how to do the above would make it easy to figure out.

(http://www.zen27727.zen.co.uk/images/cpmtext2.jpg)

So I have 2 questions.
1) How do I do what I want to do?
2) Where does the 'Powered by...' come from? It doesn't appear to be in any of the files that make up Coppermine. This is causing me minor panics that I'm just being very dim.

My apologies if this has been dealt with else where, I just can't find it.
I have posted in the theme area as I am still working on the assumption that it is best fixed via a theme rather than a core hack.

Thanks,
Mike
Jumblies.net
Looking forward to the Mambo bridge in 1.4 (currently using Mambo Wrapper - Euggh!) - Now gonna try the bridge :-)

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.