Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Logging as admin mode  (Read 3922 times)

chupa2k

• Coppermine novice
Logging as admin mode
« on: July 19, 2005, 12:01:58 pm »

Hey all ,
I'm sure milions have asked this but i couldnt find the thread for it .
How can i make my users log into Admin mode already so they can start off and upload files or manage albums without this usermode-adminmode thing ??? .
« Last Edit: July 21, 2005, 10:23:26 am by GauGau »

chupa2k

• Coppermine novice
Re: Logging as admin mode
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 12:24:09 pm »

Well i'v found some thread about it that gaugau suggested to remove the usermode link .
Are all users by default after registration log in as admin mode or usermode ? because if i remove the adminmode / usermode links nobody would be able to upload or manage anything .

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 08:22:35 am »

by default, the users are in admin mode. You could easily have found this out on your own by registering as "regular" user on your own gallery. However, if you already have existing users, and some have been in user mode when they visited your site last time, they will be in user mode when they re-visit. When removing the admin mode/user mode toggle as suggested on the other thread, you'll have to make sure that your users will be in admin mode when they visit your site next time. To accomplish this, just change your cookie name in coppermine's config once. This will render their old user mode vs admin mode setting (stored locally in a cookie) obsolete. All they have to do then is to log in once more (using their existing login) and they should be fine.

chupa2k

• Coppermine novice
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 09:54:49 am »

Ah ! Excellent'e ! Gaugau you rule .
I also just started the service so i assume nobody really went into usermode by his own wish .
I'm having trouble with the cookie itself that i might have to concider playing with the cookies like you suggested because of the bridge .
Expecting the 1.4 already :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 10:05:39 am by chupa2k »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 19 queries.