Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trying to get this gallery running but dont know where to start, help!  (Read 4063 times)

sokychan

• Coppermine newbie

???

I dont know if this is the right place to post my ? here, but here goes:

First off, I am clueless about the PHP and MySQL...I had downloaded on my computer and I have no idea to know if it's working?  Is there a good tutorial site out there for dummies like me? =)

kegobeer

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • Beer - it does a body good!
    • The Kazebeer Family Website

There are plenty of guides on how to set up a test server on your local machine.  Start with a Google search.  You can also visit http://unknown.network32.net/tutorial.basic-server and read [Unknown]'s guide on server setup.

I strongly recommend against making your server accessible to the public.  You are opening yourself up to a large security risk, especially since you have no experience with server administration.
Do not send me a private message unless I ask for one.  Make your post public so everyone can benefit.

There are no stupid questions
But there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de

so the basic recomendation is: find some decent webhosting. A webhost will provide you with webspace (place to upload your files to) and (if you chose a webhost that has the minimum requirements for coppermine) with PHP and mySQL as well.
You may want to take a look at these threads
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.