Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: allow users to edit descriptions  (Read 4119 times)

djSurge

• Coppermine newbie
    • SURGE
allow users to edit descriptions
« on: July 18, 2005, 04:24:23 pm »

i, as the admin, created an album and i want other users to be able to edit the descriptions of the pictures
so far the only way i found was to give those users total admin rights, is there any other way of doing it?

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: allow users to edit descriptions
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 09:19:36 am »

in cpg1.3.x, user can only edit the description when they upload to public albums, not later. In cpg1.4.x (unsupported beta, not recommended yet for production sites), there's an admin option to allow users to keep control over the pics uploaded into public albums. Making your users admin is not an option; I suggest you wait for the stable release of cpg1.4.x

Joachim

djSurge

• Coppermine newbie
    • SURGE
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 04:25:14 pm »

Is there some 1337 hack to get around this... I want my friends to be able to edit the descriptions in a few of the albums?
Like what file does the information of who created the album gets stored and what would happen if i modified that?

blueginko

• Coppermine newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:39:17 pm »

I'm new to Coppermine, installed it for our organization, am considering another.   But djSurge speaks to why I registered on the forum.

But maybe I missunderstood what coppermine is for and someone can suggest another.  We (that's for both organizations) need a software where members can share pictures and descriptions in categories primarily organized by us, (but they can have their own if they wish).  

The descriptions/stories are important, voting is nice but unnecessary, favorites great but not horribly necessary, filmstrip fun but unnecessary).  Why are unnecessary things here and the necessary ones not?

Now I'm finding I'll have to write an apology to our members for the lack of this function as well as the lack of other obviously logical user rights like being able to put a picture in a private and public album at the same time.  And play editor I will, I'm afraid.  

That is until I find the right software.  I thought I was looking for a "Gallery" (that's what I searched for).  After realizing Coppermines issues, I considered Phpbb but as good as it is, just seemed too much a forum software.  

Any one know what I should be looking for? Is the 4 Images what I need (I did a little research into it, but every one said use Coppermine - - so I did)?

Thanks Blue

Nibbler

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 09:44:52 pm »

As stated, users can edit descriptions as of 1.4.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 19 queries.