Advanced search  

News:

CPG Release 1.6.26
Correct PHP8.2 issues with user and language managers.
Additional fixes for PHP 8.2
Correct PHP8 error with SMF 2.0 bridge.
Correct IPTC supplimental category parsing.
Download and info HERE

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two groups can view one private album  (Read 3539 times)

MauMau

• Coppermine newbie
Two groups can view one private album
« on: July 18, 2005, 09:35:49 am »

Today when you make a private album you use the drop-down menu to choose which group may view it.

I'd rather like checkboxes instead. Sometimes it's much more useful to have several groups view the same private album.

I.e. the private album entitles "Holiday 2005" may be viewed by the group "friends" and the group "family".

« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:47:16 am by GauGau »

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
Re: Two groups can view one private album
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 09:47:03 am »

multiple groups permissions has been requested before and is being considered for future versions. It's much more complicated though, just having checkboxes (more than one choice) instead of a dropdown field (only one choice) is just what it takes on the front-end. In the backend, you need to modify several parts of the code (queries, groups management etc.), so this is easier said than done. Bottom line: will probably be done in the distant future, but don't expect it that soon.

MauMau

• Coppermine newbie
Re: Two groups can view one private album
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2005, 09:59:50 am »

Thanks a lot for the swift reply.I really wish I had the talent to contribute with code. As it is I just have to thank all of you that have made Coppermine possible. Thanks.  I'm awed by all your work so far. Coppermine is by far the best shared photoalbum software out there. A bit more Flickr-ish and Picasa-esque and we're there. I wish I could write a valid SQL statement  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 20 queries.