Advanced search  

News:

cpg1.5.48 Security release - upgrade mandatory!
The Coppermine development team is releasing a security update for Coppermine in order to counter a recently discovered vulnerability. It is important that all users who run version cpg1.5.46 or older update to this latest version as soon as possible.
[more]

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't edit users 1.2.0 Final  (Read 4042 times)

Cyberpawz

• Coppermine frequent poster
Can't edit users 1.2.0 Final
« on: November 21, 2003, 06:34:43 pm »

I just upgraded to 1.2.0 I have tried to access to edit users, in three web browsers.

IE, Netscape, Safari.

And none can access the Users pannel. How can I fix this, for right now I have just crippled my service for me to administer to it.

Cyberpawz

Cyberpawz

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 04:29:18 am »

I still can't edit, it is now either it works or it doesn't... this is getting highly irritating, and I am about to go back to 1.1x because right now this is getting intolerable. (if it's possible)

Cyberpawz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 09:19:11 am »

I can't see this happen on my cpg1.2.0 install.
PM me your url and admin account data, I'll have a look.

GauGau

Cyberpawz

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 03:32:20 am »

Any clue?

Cyberpawz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 08:12:35 am »

I was able to login as admin on your site with the login data you sent me. Once I was logged in, I was able to go the "users" settings without any problem, I created a user named "gaugau" there, made him admin. logged on as this new user, was able to go to user settings again. I can't see where your problem is.

GauGau

P.S. you can of course delete the user "gaugau", I just left it there as prove of concept

Cyberpawz

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 03:32:54 pm »

Problem is I can't access the users from the server...if I sit at the server directly, I should be able to access the Users, but I can't.

I'm typing this directly from the server, and I can't access the Users account... this should not be happening... but it is.

Cyberpawz

Joachim Müller

• Dev Team member
  • Coppermine addict
  • aka "GauGau"
    • gaugau.de
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 05:33:38 pm »

I don't get the point: if you're using your browser on the server and you're accesing coppermine the way you're supposed to (over the full, publicly available url) then there shouldn't be any difference to accessing it from any other workstation. If there is a difference, your server setup and/or client setup is wrong.

You see, I keep telling people that they shouldn't use their workstation pc as a webserver - the problem you're encountering is one of the reasons why I strongly recommend people not to host their own server for budget reasons.

I don't see this situation as related to coppermine in any way, as the script does what it's supposed to do: it serves a script correctly over the internet.

GauGau

Cyberpawz

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 03:42:22 pm »

Quote from: "gaugau"
I don't get the point: if you're using your browser on the server and you're accesing coppermine the way you're supposed to (over the full, publicly available url) then there shouldn't be any difference to accessing it from any other workstation. If there is a difference, your server setup and/or client setup is wrong.

You see, I keep telling people that they shouldn't use their workstation pc as a webserver - the problem you're encountering is one of the reasons why I strongly recommend people not to host their own server for budget reasons.

I don't see this situation as related to coppermine in any way, as the script does what it's supposed to do: it serves a script correctly over the internet.

GauGau

Ummm...

I have 5 computers on a Network, the slowest one is the G4/500 which the server is based on.  I was typing from it to see if I could get into the user preferences directly on the server.  

When Accessing it from another client I had the same issue. There is a problem with the build, and Macs then I guess... for there is no other explanation.

I have downgraded to 1.1.x and I have found that the I have no problems accessing the user information now, on any computer.

Now, as I stated before, there is something wrong with the build, I do not know what it is, but it seems from 1.1.x to 1.2.0 the build has somehow become corrupted, and not usable on my Mac network... in which it worked/works fine using 1.1.x

And I was using the public web address, and not localhost either when accessing it from the server, or this computer.

Until that bug is fixed, I will not be using 1.2.0...

BTW, I'm a network admin out of work right now, and I think I know how to set up, and function in a network condition...just thought you might want to know.

Cyberpawz
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 19 queries.